• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract end. I can stand it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract end. I can stand it.

Current contract ending in 2 weeks. OK, it was good and I'd rather it continued.

I'm good for 4 months more base salary. Contracts deem to be around. I can easily take a 50% cut. So I'm ok so far, this is just contracting.

My partner is freaking out. She is making plans to sell the house before it is repossessed, which she is sure is going to happen.

It's not funny. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

I have tried pointing out that I could get a permie job but we'd have to start making a list of things to give up; she accuses me of making threats. Well, yes, I am: going permie would have a cost.

Originally posted by expat View Post

My partner
    Not married? Bin her.

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
      Not married? Bin her.
      Oh yes, sacrifices have to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
        Not married? Bin her.
        Tsk. After all the things I said last Saturday? And the price of the card?

Comment

Tsk. After all the things I said last Saturday? And the price of the card?
          Tesco have a 30 day money back policy.

HTH
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Tesco have a 30 day money back policy.

HTH
            But that's not where I got her

Comment

Does anyone know how to deal with this?
              Rationally and logically are the only suggestions I can come up with. I would have thought that there are too many unique details to do with your exact circumstances that would render any other suggestions useless. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Rationally and logically are the only suggestions I can come up with. I would have thought that there are too many unique details to do with your exact circumstances that would render any other suggestions useless. Good luck.
                That's what I'm doing, it's my outlook on (the purely mechanical or arithmetical parts of) life. That's where it's not working.

Oh, I suppose what I do is suppress the irrational part of me that says we'll be on the street in short order, just another statistic; and heed the rational part that has is, if not actually all planned, at least more or less in order. She, not being any part of the rational side herself, has only the irrational side to inspire her. Hmm.

Comment

Give her a good hard sh*g and tell her Daddy will look after her........ Thats all she wants!

Comment

<Jack Nickolson>

Take a man and remove all logic and reason and you will understand how women think.

<Jack Nickolson>

Comment

Working...
                    X