• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Up the Garrington

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up the Garrington

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...goes-bust.html

Property expert Phil Spencer's homefinding business has finally gone bust.

The presenter of Channel 4's Location, Location, Location had put his own money into Garrington Home Finders in a bid to save it.

But all ten members of staff at the Chelsea-based company have now been laid off and the firm has gone into administration.

The property slump forced the guru to scale down his business empire last year and less than 12 months after its glitzy launch, Garrington closed its Cheshire office in November.
    But more cuts were forecast by the London-based business, a firm used by stars such as Kylie Minogue and Keira Knightley.
    Two weeks ago a worker lost his job and was told to claim state redundancy and the presenter admitted he had been personally paying staff for the past six months.

It was believed that Garrington, of which Spencer, 39, is founder and director, was in talks with accountants Menzies Corporate Restructuring, which handled the collapse of MFI.
    A buyer was being sought, but no one was found and Garrington is now going under.

I'd feel sorry for someone who believed in his business and tried his best to save it; but I'm put off by the dislike for people smug enough to boast to others of having found the secret, when in fact they are just floating on a rising tide.

Comment

Agreed. Is this the fella though that does the godawful TV show that is constant repeat on More-4 with the fat woman, where they find equally godawful people (who should really know better) houses to move into?

If it is then I'd like to say "bye!!!". It really is one of the worst programmes on television - and only a little better and slightly less pretentious as "Come dine with me".
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
        Agreed. Is this the fella though that does the godawful TV show that is constant repeat on More-4 with the fat woman, where they find equally godawful people (who should really know better) houses to move into?

If it is then I'd like to say "bye!!!". It really is one of the worst programmes on television - and only a little better and slightly less pretentious as "Come dine with me".
        You can't lump location location in with Come dine with me. CDWM is comedy gold!
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

the godawful TV show that is constant repeat on More-4 with the fat woman
          her name was Kirsty I think and for me it was a case of the head says no but the nuts say go...

no idea why

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I is devastated that we may see less of the bountious Ms Beeny...

TV will never be the same again.
            You is confusing your TV property shows
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I is devastated that we may see less of the bountious Ms Beeny...

TV will never be the same again.
              You are confusing Location, Location, Location with Property Ladder and Kirsty Alsopp with Ms N0rky.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                her name was Kirsty I think and for me it was a case of the head says no but the nuts say go...

no idea why
                Oh Dear TM

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Oh Dear TM
                  Got to agree with that, Kirstie is a frumpy munter.

And sorry Zeity, but IMO Beeny's starting to look a bit shabby too. She'll need planning permission if those wabs get much bigger.

Comment

But I notice that we have another series of Grand Designs... wasn't very impressed with the lunes from Newport though... £1M for a wrecked folly.
                    That modern extension on that old folly looked bloody awful.

Comment

Working...
                    X