• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to let your agency staff down gently - BMW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to let your agency staff down gently - BMW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVR...layer_embedded

Love the bit about "for those of you unable to return your uniform today..."

NSFW unless you've got headphones and your back to the wall.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Bloody disguised employees!

Comment

Good job they are contractors and have piles of gold bars stashed away at home.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Bloody disguised employees!
        They aren't disguised. They are agency employees.
        (unless you were just being sarky and knew that already...)

Comment

I love the way the management have thought this through. The redundant staff have to hand their passes in immediately or their is a surcharge on their wages, but that means they can't get changed to hand in their uniforms which are also required immediately otherwise there's a surcharge, or retrieve personal belongings, or get their bikes out of the bike sheds.

Also the paid leave is a bit hollow, they all work a week in hand so the 33 hours write down means they actually lose money, shirley?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That's it... I'm not going to buy an overpriced, impractical, girly runabout...

Solidarity brothers.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I don't think they do work a week in hand - I think the bit at the beginning about fixed holidays means that they all go home today, and get paid what the lady calls "a week's pay in lieu" (although in fact it's payment for a holiday that they are already contracted).

So the ones who owe up to 33 hours just get it written off. (BMW obviously familiar with the Parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard).

I could be wrong on both these points. My HR-consultancy days are long past, thank heavens.

Comment

I've got a parable.

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
                  I've got a parable.
                  Best see a doctor, quick!
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Love the bit about "for those of you unable to return your uniform today..."
                    I would have stripped there and then and handed my uniform in as requested.

But then I'm an exhibitionist at heart
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X