• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rhubarb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhubarb

Rhubarb - I just don't know why though. Today just seems to be one of those Tuesdays without an end.

Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

It's poisonous to guinea pigs
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

What's long and thin
      Covered in skin
      Red in parts
      And stuck in tarts?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        It's poisonous to guinea pigs
        Lots of things are poisonous to guinea pigs. Apparently penicillin is too, for a rather interesting reason. Which I shall now bore you with.

Guinea pigs are coprophagous, that is they take two goes at digesting their food. First time through it picks up some bacteria that break down the food, and when the guinea pig eats it again they can uptake the nutrients. When penicillin is ingested by a guinea pig it kills some of the bacteria in its gut that help it digest food, causing all stolls to come out soft like first time through ones would be. Guinea pig eats it, and ends up poisoning itself as it quickly builds up toxins in its gut that would otherwise would be in secondary, firm, droppings. 3-4 days it takes.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

zzzzzz

Comment

Working...
          X