• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Higgs Boson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higgs Boson

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200902171584/

But Julian Cook, an unemployed marketing director from Swindon, said: "Can I get a job selling this Higgs Particle?

"Who is is your typical Higgs Particle buyer? What colours does it come in? How much does it cost? Will it make my cock bigger?"

Tom Booker, an unemployed graphic designer from Guildford, added: "Will the Higgs Particle do any of the following? (a) bring world peace, (b) create limitless amounts of clean energy, (c) cure cancer, or (d) make my cock bigger?

"If it's none of those things then I am going to need you to shut up about it."

Sorry. I was looking for a Huge Bison. My mistake
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
      You can find one in Higgs Bafroom.

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
        Originally posted by expat View Post
        You can find one in Higgs Bafroom.

IGMC
        That'll be next to Higgs Baftub then.

Comment

DOH! That thread title had me worried for a second, as I have a $500 dollar bet with string theorist Lubos Motl that the Higgs Boson won't be discovered before the end of 2012.

He probably thinks I'm a complete muppet, and it's discovery at LHC is a complete no-brainer. But we'll see (and it's not much to lose if the things do turn up).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My physics mentor Sulom Bolt reckons that the LHC is a fatally flawed design.

Comment

Spin time back 150 years.

And

Electron, does it really exist?

Comment

(b) create limitless amounts of clean energy,

Many a true word etc..
                Bored.

Comment

Working...
                X