• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking to the client directly, after the interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking to the client directly, after the interview

My agent is avoiding me(nothing surprising there) after the interview. However, I want to know how I did in the interview.

Is it wrong or will it upset client if I speak to them direct for an interview feedback or result?

Wait for the agent, they arranged the interview.

Besides they might be on the phone to the client now...

Comment

Something I would never do.

If you never got the job you did not do well, I just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye View Post
        My agent is avoiding me(nothing surprising there) after the interview. However, I want to know how I did in the interview.

Is it wrong or will it upset client if I speak to them direct for an interview feedback or result?
        Sadly, the chances are that if the agent is avoiding you, you didn't get the gig... Personally I'd forget about it and concentrate on the next gig, but if that is the scenario you're probably not going to lose much by contacting the client (though you may find they also avoid the call!)
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

In most (if not all) cases I'd say it would. As a general rule of thumb, if you did well at the interview then you'll probably hear back soon enough. No news is usually bad news. Move on and keep applying.
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Personally I would just move on with the job hunting, if you have the job the agent will be in contact.

I've had a few interviews recently where they've offered to give me feedback and I've never heard from them again after that. Don't waste your time chasing it, after all it's only someones opinion, you could perform the same in front of a different set of people and get a completely different response.

Onward and upward as they say!
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

If I have not got the job why dont they just say it in my face, all it would take them is just a minute.

meanwhile I will just shut up and wont bother the agent or the client again and continue refreshing Jobserve

Comment

If the agent is avoiding you then you didn't get it. If the client was prevaricating the agent would be on the phone every few minutes updating you. Also as you've failed an interview the agent probably won't bother putting you forward for anything else either.

So, I see no problem calling the client, you haven't got it, and you're not likely to upset the agent.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If you didn't get it, a lot of agents will not waste time doing this.

In a market not flooded with applicants and so few jobs, some agents might be more keen to keep you happy by being more polite in the aftermath.

Comment

If I have not got the job why dont they just say it in my face, all it would take them is just a minute.
                    If you didn't get the job, that's more than you're worth to them.

Remember that every time you start feeling like agents are possibly not all the scum of the earth.

Comment

Working...
                    X