• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

even MI5 warns against UK police state

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even MI5 warns against UK police state

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ice-state.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...k-unusual.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ight=rimington

Comment

I think it goes to show what a horrendous state the security services are in when it takes all these years for a (now ex) boss to spot the game plan.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        I think it goes to show what a horrendous state the security services are in when it takes all these years for a (now ex) boss to spot the game plan.
        No, she knew. She was a public servant, so could not speak up.

"Buried in the shallow grave of public duty", as Lawrence called it. Freed of that himself, he went on to say "now I mean to be my own judge of what to say".

She'd better watch out though, for sudden urges to go for a walk in the woods with a blunt knife and some painkillers.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          No, she knew. She was a public servant, so could not speak up.

"Buried in the shallow grave of public duty", as Lawrence called it. Freed of that himself, he went on to say "now I mean to be my own judge of what to say".

She'd better watch out though, for sudden urges to go for a walk in the woods with a blunt knife and some painkillers.
          She did retire quite a while ago and there was nothing like this in her book as I remember.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Is the UK the next failed (police) state?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Is the UK the next failed (police) state?
              Isn't the UK quite good at being a police state?

Comment

My greatest fear is that if we have to live in a Police State, even the muppets will manage to run that badly.

Epic Fail

Can the UK get anything right ?
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

My word, is that trolling sockpuppet "sappatz" still posting here?

Come on, own up - which of you is such a pathetic failure at trolling and sockpuppeteering that "sappatz" was the best you could manage?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    My word, is that trolling sockpuppet "sappatz" still posting here?

Come on, own up - which of you is such a pathetic failure at trolling and sockpuppeteering that "sappatz" was the best you could manage?
                    Sorry not one of my better creations. But then my genius did come up with AtW and Chico.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X