• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panasonic Toughbook - XP CD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Toughbook - XP CD

I've got a toughbook that needs rebuilding - a P4 1.8 but should be good enough for whats required - but very very slow at the moment (too much rubbish from the kids on it).
    Got the XP licence number - but we lost the XP rebuild CD in a house fire 2 years ago. Anyone got any good ideas how to sort this. Dont really want to go to torrent sites if possible ( I do try and stay legit, and some of the torrent stuff is a little dodgy), and panasonic were unhelpful last time we talked to them

Originally posted by dmini View Post
    I've got a toughbook that needs rebuilding - a P4 1.8 but should be good enough for whats required - but very very slow at the moment (too much rubbish from the kids on it).
    Got the XP licence number - but we lost the XP rebuild CD in a house fire 2 years ago. Anyone got any good ideas how to sort this. Dont really want to go to torrent sites if possible ( I do try and stay legit, and some of the torrent stuff is a little dodgy), and panasonic were unhelpful last time we talked to them
    Can you find a friend who has a non-OEM XP install disc, or maybe even an OEM one? It might work with your OEM key, assuming you still have a record of that, although I'm not sure whether "Windows Genuine Advantage" (a misnomer if ever there was one) would be happy. Mind you, I'm not convinced that MS's copy-protection stuff like WGA is as clever as they claim it to be.

I'm not sure how it works with OEM licences, but Microsoft will supply new discs if you have a valid licence key for a full-blown licence and proof of purchase. It may be that they are also willing to offer something like that for valid OEM keys.

I'm still trying to find the receipt for the £260-worth of XP Pro SP2 I bought the other year, as the CD has gone tits-up and I can't get a replacement CD without proof of purchase

Comment

Working...
    X