• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

allsops auction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allsops auction

reviewing sale vs guide price, house prices look like they're taking off. anyone agree?

Yes, you have to move fast fast fast.

Offer asking price x 2. House prices only ever go up.

Yours,

Kirsty and Phil (bankrupt).

Comment

Like the new avatar DP - a great improvement on the last one.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

We were at an auction the other day in manchester and very few lots managed to met the reserve.

I would think a reserve in an auction is going to be very low and would likely be met - hence why it's in an auction.

Can only see the market going down this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
          house prices look like they're taking off.
          What fooking planet are you on then? Its brain dead market ramping morons like your good self that got us in this mess.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

reviewing sale vs guide price, house prices look like they're taking off. anyone agree?
            Where were these houses? Seems to be alot of regional variations (stating the obvious!).

Comment

No.

Houses are still overpriced by the historical trend, and unemployment is now rising faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

Ignore one-off rogue stats - you have a long wait before they "take off" again.

Comment

I kinda know what you mean as no one seems to have told people inLondon and the South East there is a credit crunch.

Numpties will learn the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Houses are still overpriced by the historical trend, and unemployment is now rising faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

Ignore one-off rogue stats - you have a long wait before they "take off" again.
                  Aye, 'fraid so.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If you look at previous results many lots are withdrawn, unsold or sold prior (withdran before the sale) I have been told even 40% - 50% of the "sold" did not go through. I have seen some lots that were posted as "sold", listed in other auctions.

I don't think we will see bottom until next year or the year after. People are not ready for reality yet!
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X