• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bye bye saab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bye bye saab

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5757562.ece

"General Motors said that Saab was losing so much money so quickly that, without government intervention to secure its future, the subsidiary could be forced to file for reorganisation by the end of this month...

But this morning, the Swedish Government appeared to rule out the prospect of state support in the interim period.

“The Swedish state and taxpayers in Sweden will not own car factories,” Maud Olofsson, the industry minister, said. “Sometimes you get the impression that this is a small, small company but it is the world’s biggest automaker so we have a right to make demands.”
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

bye bye saab

Rebadged Vauxhall Vectras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Rebadged Vauxhall Vectras.
      Same problem as Wedgwood, Waterford and countless others. Why would people continue paying over the odds for a so-called luxury product which is actually a fake?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

GM are trying to hit up Europeans for $6 bill.
        And why not? UK already promised a couple of billion to Tata motors, India.
        And look at this:
        “The Swedish state and taxpayers in Sweden will not own car factories,”
        A clear, concise statement of reasonable intent. From a politician. Shocking
        Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          GM are trying to hit up Europeans for $6 bill.
          And why not? UK already promised a couple of billion to Tata motors, India.
          And look at this:
          “The Swedish state and taxpayers in Sweden will not own car factories,”
          A clear, concise statement of reasonable intent. From a politician. Shocking
          bargain!!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Any cheap Viggens going?

Comment

Maybe they will sell Saab to the Chinese?
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                Any cheap Viggens going?
                They seemed to have dropped the viggen logo from the marketing.

Bit sad about this I suppose, as I've had various saabs over the years. I've nearly completely restored a 1992 900 and it is one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever driven. Bleedin' awful fuel consumption though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
                  They seemed to have dropped the viggen logo from the marketing.

Bit sad about this I suppose, as I've had various saabs over the years. I've nearly completely restored a 1992 900 and it is one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever driven. Bleedin' awful fuel consumption though.
                  I was talking about the plane but the special edition car was nice too.

My dad's had Saabs for years, he's got two rally-prepared 96's at the moment. He's also had 99s, 900s, and 9000s but none of the GM ones. I could never see what all the fuss was about to be honest. Turbo lag and front wheel drive meant interesting handling.

He drives a 9000 turbo at the moment, amongst others. It's a big old barge and very comfortable mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                    I was talking about the plane but the special edition car was nice too.
                    He drives a 9000 turbo at the moment, amongst others. It's a big old barge and very comfortable mind.
                    I watched one of those scum on the run type programs a while ago which said that the 9000 turbo was the car of choice for the scrotes in Manchester. If you park one in the city centre there is a very good chance it won't be there when you return. Something to do with a car that is easy to nick, goes like stink and is as tough as old boots.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X