• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched holiday destinations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched holiday destinations

Despite what is said in the Phill Collins thread it is freezing outside and I am tempted to jump on a plane and go somewhere warm for a couple of weeks.

I am running a project in the UK just now so the place would have to have decent web access (from my own laptop) for skyping and a similar time zone.

Any suggestions?

I went for a week to Delhi - Gurgaon - its a western satellite city for Big Businesses and I kid you not - it is like arriving in the early stages of Canary Wharf - and the weather is good, you have 2MB DSL, and everything else youd need......alot to do if you want..and cheap in general

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      I went for a week to Delhi - Gurgaon - its a western satellite city for Big Businesses and I kid you not - it is like arriving in the early stages of Canary Wharf - and the weather is good, you have 2MB DSL, and everything else youd need......alot to do if you want..and cheap in general
      And Delhi is in the same timezone is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Same is not similar but what is 5 hours between e-buddies? pft.

Comment

East of UK is not too bad for time, mainly want to be available for start of business UK time.

I considered India yesterday but the gf informed me I would have to wait on Visa.

Comment

Greece?

Comment

Zanzibar

Comment

Cyprus.

English speaking, hot and sunny, broadband everywhere, within EU so no hassles. Drive on left.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  East of UK is not too bad for time, mainly want to be available for start of business UK time.

I considered India yesterday but the gf informed me I would have to wait on Visa.
                  Are you Pakistani or Muslim? If not, than nope 2-3 days max. If you are Pakistani than anything upto a month and interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Then get up earlier you lazy git

Comment

Working...
                    X