• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get your wheelbarrows ready

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your wheelbarrows ready

Bank of England to start printing money
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I will use mine to buy a helicopter : if the BoE has not bought them all already.

Comment

How the hell am I going to carry enough money to the garden center to purchase a wheelbarrow?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I once worked with someone whose wife worked at the Print - it's pretty interesting to see and understand the security around the entire process and transport of pallets of cash. Shed regularly be in the secure area's which was an extremely large well protected bay area underground which would hold/house the notes for anything upto 18 months at a time.

Wonder how many notes go missing?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            How the hell am I going to carry enough money to the garden center to purchase a wheelbarrow?
            That's precisely why I'm warning you to get your wheelbarrow ready now, before you need it.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              We're all millionaires now!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                Wonder how many notes go missing?
                There was a story a few years back about those people who were employed to burn the old bank notes. They were smuggling some out. They were rumbled when some guy went to open a bank account with a bag of used notes (about 100k) and said he worked at the mint.

It's probably an urban myth but I liked it.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What'll this do to the Euro exchange rate? I see last trades at 1.13 which is near the top end of the recent fluctuations.

P.S. I want to get 1.03 again

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                    What'll this do to the Euro exchange rate? I see last trades at 1.13 which is near the top end of the recent fluctuations.

P.S. I want to get 1.03 again

The only way is up - Im still going for 1.20 by the end of the month - the Euro is going to have a trroid time until the end fo the year.

Comment

Working...
                    X