• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone buying gold?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone buying gold?

I opened an account on Bullion Vault a few months ago, but I've only got a couple of grams of gold in there.

Now we're about to start printing money I'm tempted to put a serious chunk of my savings in there.

Anyone else done this? Got any nuggets of wisdom to share?
    ǝןqqıʍ

yea, I've been doing this the past few months now, I've several contact round the country that I buy it from. With the price reaching its peak....now could be a good time to cash in.....
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

I had bought some on bullionvault, but booked profit last week when it reached £21750/kg.

waiting for the prices to reach my level to buy more now,

Comment

Where?

Where should I go to buy some in London?

What amount of cash can I spend without coming under the money laundering rules?

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
          Where should I go to buy some in London?

What amount of cash can I spend without coming under the money laundering rules?

think its 10k. There are several coin places around town. They take a mix of bank transfer, or debit card payment.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

The herd has already done this, so I think you've missed the boat a little. Wait a few weeks and start shorting Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              What is your reason to buy?
              The gold market has 3 or 4 serious driving factors. IMO only 1 is +ve.
              Bored.

Comment

Was a good investment about 18-24 months ago but prices have been topped out for a while now around the $900/oz mark against an all time high of around $1000, so I think all "major" gain opportunites have been realised. Have a Bullion Vault account myself and should really log in and see if I can make it work from a day/week trading point of view.

Have just put a large sum into a few key mining trusts myself as they are low currently but will start to rise again in about 12-18 months - my estimate of course.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Gold has been a laggard investment for 33 of the last 35 years and now, because over the past two years it has shot up in value, it's become a "must buy", so much so that even the cabby is telling you that you must buy some now.

Remind me what the indicators of a boom are?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                    Gold has been a laggard investment for 33 of the last 35 years and now, because over the past two years it has shot up in value, it's become a "must buy", so much so that even the cabby is telling you that you must buy some now.

Remind me what the indicators of a boom are?

tim

I think it's just that they are firing up the printing presses around the world. Faced with the value of the £ and $ going to zero, if gold loses half its value then you are onto a winner.

Comment

Working...
                    X