• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

comrade Brown predicts speedy recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comrade Brown predicts speedy recovery

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...don-Brown.html

The sad thing is that he thinks people still fall for this rubbish. It is time for him to seek medical help I think.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It takes months for lower interest rates to have any effect, and the banks are still not lending much and still in fear of nationalisation. It's going to be another year at least before any noticeable improvement. No way is any recovery starting in April !!

Comment

comrade brown said so, it must be true
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

This is bad news whichever way you look at it. He’s unlikely to be right, but if he is then he’ll be able to tell the Labour voting numpties that he’s saved the world, call a quick election and get back into power. Of course he’s probably wrong and the economy will remain a bleeding mess for some time to come.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Are we sure he doesn't mean April 2011?

Comment

Nice to see that he’s precise enough to predict an economic recovery starting Thursday 2nd April. Now if only he’d tell us whether that’s morning, afternoon or evening I could hibernate for a while knowing precisely what time to set my alarm clock.

Comment

Couple of things caught my eye in that report. Firstly;

That is why I have been pressing so hard that some of the measures we have adopted in Britain we can persuade other countries to adopt.
                I've already said on these boards that, if the other countries do not do what GB has done, he will use that as the reason for failure, not his own ineptitude.

Secondly;

Mr Brown also outlined how the world should begin to cut down on the number of tax havens.
                Is there a concrete case with evidence to show that tax havens and the economic mess are connected?

The blokes a failure and refuses to acknowledge it...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  Is there a concrete case with evidence to show that tax havens and the economic mess are connected?
                  No. Perhaps the biggest corporate tax haven in Europe is the Netherlands, which charges no corporation tax on profits earned outside the country; that’s why many multinationals and rock groups including U2 have their head offices here. Another big tax haven is Britain, where the owners of businesses in London are not taxed as long as they don’t have resident status; that’s why many of the super rich spend the week in London and fly back to Monaco or Liechtenstein at weekends. Other than those two, Ireland, Cyprus and Lithuania are all EU members with very low corporate taxes.

The tax havens he may be talking about are the likes of the Channel Islands, which belong to Her Majesty who can and will do what she likes with them, and a few tropical places like Bermuda which are British and provide financial services which bring revenues to British companies who ultimately pay tax in Britain.

To cut a long story short, he’s talking out of his anus again.

Comment

I think he meant April 1st.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X