• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abh Dhabi Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abh Dhabi Boom!

This place is on BOOM now

30 year development programme to get Global Companies there - a heck of alot of Infrastructure work and above all loads of IT work

Government has just set up a company to oversee the projects and tax free salaries cant be bad!.

Sadly I would imagine they will start looking for Management Consultants to manage the whole thing Waste a good amount then get a bit of reality and get real people in.

any links or pointers for applying for roles when they start recruiting?

Comment

So, will they hire you or an Indian chappie on 20% of your rate.

Let me see..........

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        So, will they hire you or an Indian chappie on 20% of your rate.

Let me see..........

Apparently not - they arent touching India with a barge pole - probably due to potential backlash from the community [Hindu etc]

To quote an agent this morning "they have hired ex Barclays and ex-Accenture" at the top level.

Salary on offer was £120k I beleive of which £50k is for living expenses and 70k tax free. Not bad - but Id want more for the upheavel.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post

any links or pointers for applying for roles when they start recruiting?
          Monster has alot of them.

Any of the agencies dealing in the Middle East - but there arent many right now - but watch them all spring up lol

Comment

One of my cousin's lives there...he wants to come here. I told him he's better off there!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              Salary on offer was £120k I beleive of which £50k is for living expenses and 70k tax free. Not bad - but Id want more for the upheavel.

I've heard accommodation is scarce and very expensive, £50K plus just to rent an apartment!

And for a contractor the rate is only tax free if you have a long term contract so that you can be out of the UK long enough to not pay UK tax, assuming this will work on the ltd co aspect etc.
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                I've heard accommodation is scarce and very expensive, £50K plus just to rent an apartment!

And for a contractor the rate is only tax free if you have a long term contract so that you can be out of the UK long enough to not pay UK tax, assuming this will work on the ltd co aspect etc.
                Yep - My brother is in Dubai, although he works in Abu Dhabi - he and his g/f rent a 1 bed Apt - it works out at about €40k
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Yep - My brother is in Dubai, although he works in Abu Dhabi - he and his g/f rent a 1 bed Apt - it works out at about €40k
                  Why not live in one of those Bedouin tents in the desert? Cheap and cheerful, and you just need a Land Rover to get to work.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Why not live in one of those Bedouin tents in the desert? Cheap and cheerful, and you just need a Land Rover to get to work.
                    or a camel
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X