• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

inchstones?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inchstones?????

If the micro management was not enough then came the weekly progress reports.

Now we have inchstones - WTS (smeg)??!!

Each task reviewed and I spent time reporting on each. I reckon this week so far I've only spent 20% of working to plan while the remaining 80% of my time has been spent no reporting.

What a waste. Rant over.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Inchstones? Are you serious?

This is why the recession shouldn't be allowed to end too soon; it needs to be long enough to weed out the dipsticks who dream up this crap.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The dipsticks who dream up this crap are the ones trying to keep themselves in a job by looking useful.

It sounds fun, I'm sure there's plenty of mileage for gags like "I only managed eight inches this morning, boss"

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Inchstones? Are you serious?

This is why the recession shouldn't be allowed to end too soon; it needs to be long enough to weed out the dipsticks who dream up this crap.
        There wouldn't be anybody left here ..
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          The dipsticks who dream up this crap are the ones trying to keep themselves in a job by looking useful.

It sounds fun, I'm sure there's plenty of mileage for gags like "I only managed eight inches this morning, boss"
          Quite

Anyway - shouldn't we all be using metric measurements now? Tell the dipsticks you are going to report them to Trading Standards.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

yeo sounds like jobs for the sake of jobs

normally means that manager is under pressure to cut costs and so everyone has to justify every minute of there staffs time

problem is how do you log thinking time - having a good think about a problem for 30 minutes can save hours in the long run but to think you sometimes need to let the mind wander off while you have a coffee or smoke a fag etc and let the subconscious review the problems and suggest solutions.

hey ho maybe staff are not allowed to think only managers (if only they would!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Quite

Anyway - shouldn't we all be using metric measurements now? Tell the dipsticks you are going to report them to Trading Standards.
              Prehaps ' CentermetreKilograms' was too long to fit on the Plan? or they could not spell it.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Prehaps ' CentermetreKilograms' was too long to fit on the Plan? or they could not spell it

I think inchstones as opposed to milestones rather than stones as a weight of measurment....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I think inchstones as opposed to milestones rather than stones as a weight of measurment....
                  Ok - Killometremiles then!
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Ok - Killometremiles then!
                    ok no right

kilometre stones would be okay

then maybe centremeter stones

but like leave the stones bit in the stones bit is like the placemarker to show how far you have come - but rather than measuring it in miles we are measuring it in smaller intervals than miles so we can more easily check our progress

oh if you don't get it forget it!!

Comment

Working...
                    X