• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do we really want fast economic recovery?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we really want fast economic recovery?

Let’s presume for one moment of fantasy that Gordon’s right (yes I know, but just imagine) and the world’s economy will start to recover in April (2nd to be precise).

That would mean that most of the politicians, bankers and blue-chip directors that got us into this mess would still be in their jobs, ready to plunge us into a new crisis a few years down the line.

Shouldn’t a proper recession at least be long enough to clear out the incompetents and crooks that caused it so as to have a cleansing effect on the economy?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Remember that by April the recession will be into its 4th quarter, and that is hardly brief.

Regardless, this recession will be W shaped and not U shaped, meaning that when it appears to be over, there will be a further downturn as inflation and interest rates (amongst other things) begin to reveal themselves.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

OP...Absolutely, I still think there are many people who still believe the crazy lending/asset boom is the normal state of things and we are just in a temporary setback from exponential asset growth. These sheep could start another bubble if not controlled effectively.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It is vital that this USA sub-prime derived recession is averted as fast as is possible.

No.1 priority is protecting British Jobs for British Workers and not returning to Boom and Bust. I like saying this.

Printing money and recreating the boom is vital and must be implemented before the next election. I think you know what I'm saying.
        If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

That would mean that most of the politicians, bankers and blue-chip directors that got us into this mess

Market ramping, housing obsessed greedy fookers
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post

Market ramping, housing obsessed greedy fookers
            Yeah, that lot too.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
              It is vital that this USA sub-prime derived recession is averted as fast as is possible.

No.1 priority is protecting British Jobs for British Workers and not returning to Boom and Bust. I like saying this.

Printing money and recreating the boom is vital and must be implemented before the next election. I think you know what I'm saying.
              Aye Gordon !

Yer such a clever Laddie !

The Universe is expanding - so why not the money supply !

Ye'll be gettin' ma vote ...

PS The recovery started in December - buts oor wee secret ...

Comment

Working...
              X