• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you sleep?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you sleep?

I've never been able to go to sleep while sitting down, e.g. in a plane or train seat or at work, but others appear to manage it without a problem. Presumably not pilots or train drivers. Can you? I have to lie down to sleep, but once laying down it's no problem anywhere, e.g. trains, planes and probably even under the work desk.

Can anyone sleep standing up?

I can sleep sitting down on trains, planes, ships and in the back of the car, no trouble.

I’d still like to master the art of sleeping with my eyes open; useful in long ClientCo meetings.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I recall taking a flight from Hong Kong to London - after takeoff I nodded off - next thing I knew we were making the descent to Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        I recall taking a flight from Hong Kong to London - after takeoff I nodded off - next thing I knew we were making the descent to Heathrow.
        I make sure I take enough pills to make sure I am out for the whole flight..... however long!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I never used to be able too

And then I had kids and find I can sleep anywhere now

I guess for me I cannot sleep unless I am tired (some people seem to be able to sleep as some sort of pastime)

and sleeping through long journeys is great!!

Comment

I've noticed fat people have no trouble sleeping, snoring, sweating etc.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

A few years ago I could never sleep on planes, which made flying to Sydney a very long experience. All I could do to fight the boredom was read novels - I was the only person sitting in economy with the light on - it really peeved off the guy next to me

These days I find it easier to fall asleep on planes, probably 'cos we've got young kids at home and quite often there is some sort of reason for one of them to wake up at 2 or 4 am!
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

When I wake up early in the morning

Lift my head, I'm still yawning
                When I'm in the middle of a dream

Stay in bed, float up stream
                Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
                Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
                I don't mind, I think they're crazy

Running everywhere at such a speed
                Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
                And after all
                I'm only sleeping

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window
                Taking my time

Comment

I can sleep sitting at a keyboarzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I only ever travel Club so sleeping on flights is never a problem.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X