• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Career planning and personality tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career planning and personality tests

After a three hour stint with a consultant it transpires that I have neither

Do people tell the truth?

a: always
    b: sometimes
    c: never

I guess this question was to weed out the potential contractors

what the feck were you doing that for?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

were you paid for that ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        were you paid for that ?

Milan.
        Of course.

All the permies went on it and so did the big fella

Comment

When I graduated (hard to believe, I know) I went for a permie role as an IT Manager with a large investment bank in the city. The whole thing last for a day and comprised a series of tests and interviews. I passed the programming test no problem. I passed the math test no problem. I passed the logic and reasoning tests. Somehow I even managed to pass the team working test, which is amazing given how physically repulsive and obnoxious I am.

Finally we were given a personality test. Being young, naive and fresh cheeked, I actually believed them when they stated, "there are no right or wrong answers in this test". Right, thought I, this will be an interesting chance to learn about myself, so I'll answer all the questions in a brutally honest way. What a fecking tw@t

It goes without saying that I flunked the personality test. According to the computer analysis I was some sort of psychopathic maverick with a complete inability to listen to others. I was not offered the job.

Strange really, because my subsequent experience of management indicates that's a perfect match
          Last edited by voron; 5 October 2005, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
            I was some sort of psychopathic
            Can't see where it went wrong.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Can't see where it went wrong.
              Okay, I admit telling the Invigilator I wanted to keep her in a pit and eat her eyes was probably a mistake, but hey, we live and learn.

Comment

Working...
              X