• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question Time Last Night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Time Last Night

I thought Piers Morgan was brilliant, showed the rest of them up. God help us if the Liberals ever get in, that woman could only come out with pathetic sound bites and all that "I've just got back from Gaza, Peckham is safe" bulltulip at the end (which is as pointless as comparing 7/7 to Hiroshima) despite a couple of the audience pointing out some horrific crimes.

Tim Campbell has the personality of a piece of cardboard.

Piers is in the fortunate position to be able to speak his mind without having to toe a party line though.

Poor old Hestletine floudered a bit.

Comment

McNulty came across as really sucking up to the Lib Dem lass. Are labour being extremely cautious not to offend the LibDems in the off chance they can form a coalition government after the next GE?

Comment

I can't understand why the Tories keep rolling Hestletine out for this. I thought he was hopeless. They need somebody who can actually argue with the nuLab MP's and try to get the public onside. I'd have loved to see McNulty get a right kicking but Hestletine couldn't do it - the schedule on BBC1 originally had David Davis lined up for this. Other than him I don't see any Tory front benchers as being able to hold an argument. They all seem a bit wet.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My favourite bit was when some woman was whittering on a tangent about the teenage parent story. Going on about respect for women her age (must have been in her 20s). Waffling on, mixing up her words then said "We need respect for intelligent articulate women like me"

How I larffed!!
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            My favourite bit was when some woman was whittering on a tangent about the teenage parent story. Going on about respect for women her age (must have been in her 20s). Waffling on, mixing up her words then said "We need respect for intelligent articulate women like me"

How I larffed!!
            As did I, was in stiches at that ridiculous self observation!

Comment

I thought 'educated and articulate' was the phrase - scored an F on both counts
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Maybe it was, I thought most of the audience were Terry F wits.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Question time is so boring nowadays with just about everybody trying to be politically correct and not to upset people. It used to be a great program when Robin Day was chairman and Thatcher was in power.
                  Nowadays, you never get a straight answer from any HMG politicians, who do not think twice about telling a white lie. Honesty in politics is dead.

Comment

Honesty in Politics now there is an Oxy-Moron (as opposed to a CyberMoron)

The sinking of the Belgrano in May 1982 remains one of the most controversial aspects of the Falklands conflict: more than 300 members of the crew died when the submarine Conqueror torpedoed it.

Margaret Thatcher, then Prime Minister, defended the decision to sink the vessel and dismissed claims that it was outside and heading away from a 200-mile exclusion zone which had been imposed around the Falklands by the British.

Comment

Working...
                    X