• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More work in business or IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More work in business or IT?

I was speaking to a friend last time who just switched to a pure business role as a risk manager. He claims that he now has much more work than in IT. Having done both sides at the same time I can't really claim too much of a difference but I think that perhaps moving to a business role might take you longer time at the beginning because things are new.

Or do they really work harder than IT guys?

Any opinion? Experience?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Typical IT geek question.
    What's the difference?
    Unless you work in a university, everything you do in IT is "business". It's precisely this sort of attitude that leads business people to despise IT.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      I was speaking to a friend last time who just switched to a pure business role as a risk manager. He claims that he now has much more work than in IT. Having done both sides at the same time I can't really claim too much of a difference but I think that perhaps moving to a business role might take you longer time at the beginning because things are new.

Or do they really work harder than IT guys?

Any opinion? Experience?
      "IT guys" do work in business - it's the notion that we don't that makes IT a prime target for cuts.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

hey Franko,

question,

Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family are coming to Italy in a few weeks time for skiing.

We'll be driving down in the big Datsun.

The big Datsun is a 4x4, giving consideration to this, as it is a 4x4, do I still by Italian law need to carry a set of chains in the mountains ? Or are chains only a requirement for non 4x4 cars ?

Thanks and greetings,

Milan.

Comment

Ok just to clarify... "pure business role" meaning you have nothing to do with IT... "IT role", you have to do with business and IT.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Franko !

the snow chains, do I need them on a 4x4 or not ?

Ta,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Franko !

the snow chains, do I need them on a 4x4 or not ?

Ta,

Milan.
              Google is your friend you lazy sod
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hi there,

according to the law (http://www.viaggi4x4.it/neve_4x4.php) you can choose between chains and snow tyres (and that's not only with 4x4 but also for all cars).

So as long as you have snow tyres you are fine.

Still it is recommended to have snow chains when the snow is really very high.

Comment

sh!t

thanks Franko

damn, I just ordered chains this week and they cost a packet for that size of tyres

the car already has pirelli scorpion winter tyres

damn

thanks Franko

Oh well, Plan B Ltd owns the car and is paying for the chains.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    sh!t

thanks Franko

damn, I just ordered chains this week and they cost a packet for that size of tyres

the car already has pirelli scorpion winter tyres

damn

thanks Franko

Oh well, Plan B Ltd owns the car and is paying for the chains.

Milan.
                    You mean it's the van for potato deliveries...???

Comment

Working...
                    X