• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

phones on board

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phones on board

Mobile phones can now be used in-flight on Ryanair.

That's Ryanair off my list.

They're the only airline on my ignore list, this is another good reason why I shouldn't reconsider.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      I like to think that I am a fair-minded chap.

So I didn't take them off my list until I had flown with them once. <SHUDDERS> Never again.

Comment

ach, RyanAir are fine, I used to fly with them once a month, and apart from an average 30min delay each time, I didn't have any problems.

Gonzo what happened that one time?

Comment

I use them regularly but only for the short Manc - Dublin hop... so I can put up with them for an hour each way!

Touch wood, I've never really had an issue with them.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

A very bad idea and I won't be flying with them.
            The thought of being trapped in a small space with a load of chavs/salesmen/IT contractors braying about their dull lives is too much. Surely it's possible to live without a phone for a couple of hours?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

After a while at my current location I did give all the feasible routes (from six different airports) at least one shot, and that gave me a few Ryanair flights. I will say this for them, Ryanair were always on time.

Comment

I flew back from Brussels once with them. I thought they were better than Sleasyjet. The aircraft wasn't very clean but the flight was 5 Euros, and no tax, so I can't really complain. Not keen on the way they try to hide charges though.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Bad idea... People should be working on the technology to prevent 'phones being used in trains*, not trying to enable it in planes.

* I believe T-Mobile has almost perfected this
                  Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    ach, RyanAir are fine, I used to fly with them once a month, and apart from an average 30min delay each time, I didn't have any problems.

Gonzo what happened that one time?
                    They landed at Band Camp by mistake.

Comment

Working...
                    X