• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get a 'life' - an explanation, please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a 'life' - an explanation, please

Please complete the following sentence:

A friend finally decided to get a life and sent off for one by mail order. When the package arrived, the friend opened it and inside was blank or blanks.

This 'get a life' malarkey, wossit all about? I know as a predominantly IT-based audience, you won't have much of a clue either, but have any of you heard any rumours? Stumbled across an interesting person on the night bus and been given enlightenment? Picked up a personal development book with 'life' in the glossary? Had a lost person wander into the chess club by accident who suddenly blabbed "I'm in the wrong place, I've got a life" and managed to get them to elaborate before unlocking the door again and letting them out?

Since I'm at home, I thought I could look into this concept. But I can't work it out. So, please help me in my quest.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Please complete the following sentence:

A friend finally decided to get a life and sent off for one by mail order. When the package arrived, the friend opened it and inside was...
    A mail order bride?

Alexi... you took our advice.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A friend finally decided to get a life and sent off for one by mail order. When the package arrived, the friend opened it and inside was blank or blanks.
      Pot noodle.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

a blankety blank cheque book and pen?

Comment

Confidence and Enthusiasm.

There was also a note, explaining that the confidence will enable you to enjoy what you do without the fear and need for approval. The enthusiasm provides the catalyst to get out of bed and go do it.
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I hate Americanisms
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Inside was shoes and handbags

But honestly, I like Rav's answer.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

sheep and swarfega

Comment

"Life is a minestrone
                  Served up with parmesan cheese
                  Death is a cold Lasagne
                  Suspended in deep freeze
                  Love is a fire of flaming brandy
                  Upon a crepe suzette"

Anyway, where TF do yanks get there crap chat from? "Upside your head" or the classic cheese "bite me", WTF does that mean?

Comment

A friend finally decided to get a life and sent off for one by mail order. When the package arrived, the friend opened it and inside was
                    exactly the same thing as written in the secret scroll in kung fu panda.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X