• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walking!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking!

It's the future!

I've changed my routine over the last couple of weeks so that I have to walk into work and back (takes nearly an hour each way).

It's so lovely - like being given the gift of time.

Does anyone else use their feet to get to work?
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    It's the future!

I've changed my routine over the last couple of weeks so that I have to walk into work and back (takes nearly an hour each way).

260 km over the alps would take me about a couple of weeks... mmm... not really that convenient...
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      260 km over the alps would take me about a couple of weeks... mmm... not really that convenient...
      Any excuse!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yep, right foot accelerator and left foot clutch.

HTH
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It's the future!

I did for five years when I worked at Canary Wharf and lived nearby. I can't recommend it highly enough, exercise and no commuting troubles.

The only trouble is if you are a bit slow to start one morning, you can't blame being late on the trains/traffic/weather etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            I did for five years when I worked at Canary Wharf and lived nearby. I can't recommend it highly enough, exercise and no commuting troubles.

The only trouble is if you are a bit slow to start one morning, you can't blame being late on the trains/traffic/weather etc.
            What time is it where you are?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Never bothered learning to drive so I put in a good few miles a week walking. For that reason I allow myself the luxury of public transport to commute to work.

Comment

What time is it where you are?
                Nearly time for me to go to bed.

I have already lived through Friday 20th February 2009. But I won't tell you what happens.

Comment

Monday's I walk to work with my wife. Takes about 50 minutes. In the summer, I may walk in a couple of times a week, and walk home as well.

Good way of getting fit, and losing weight.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Weekly commute aside, I walk daily about 15mins to work. Walk beside the traffic and think with a shudder of being stuck in it.

For a long time I commuted across Paris on a bike. Great exercise, and riding down past the Opéra, through the courtyard of the Louvre and across the Seine every morning was just the best commute ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X