• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doctors note for Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors note for Contractors

Hi,

Ive had the flu all week and have just been asked to provide a doctors note. Is this something that im obliged to do seeing as I work for my own limited company?

cheers,

Bman

You're not an employee, so I don't see why you have to. I wouldn't ask my plumber to show me a doctor's note.

Comment

Sounds like standard HR bollocks to me. No you don't; you're not an employee, so tell them to get stuffed.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        You're not an employee, so I don't see why you have to. I wouldn't ask my plumber to show me a doctor's note.
        Not that *****ng Plumber AGAIN!!

Comment

Originally posted by bman View Post
          Hi,

Ive had the flu all week and have just been asked to provide a doctors note. Is this something that im obliged to do seeing as I work for my own limited company?

cheers,

Bman
          If you get one you can invoice them for the days off sick
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Ive had the flu all week and have just been asked to provide a doctors note.
            Interesting.

If you were a real contractor and were fit enough to go see the quack, then you would also be fit enough to drag your rear-end into the ClientCo site and work.

What are they running there? A holiday camp???

Comment

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
              Interesting.

If you were a real contractor and were fit enough to go see the quack, then you would also be fit enough to drag your rear-end into the ClientCo site and work.

What are they running there? A holiday camp???
              I was off sick for a couple of days and the last thing I thought of doing was getting out of bed just to go and see a doctor and be told 'you've got flu, so go back to bed'.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sick for a couple of days is not flu!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

man flu.. it's the worst kind
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If your contract says you have to turn up, and you haven't turned up, then I could understand their concern.

I would suggest if it is for 5 days or fewer, you self-certificate and send that, as a director of your company, to the agent. Not the client. A covering letter: "apologies for not attending, will try to make up some hours".

If over 5 days, you can get a doctor's sick note. Less than that and the doc might charge something like £25 so ClientCo can get stuffed.

Just keep 'em happy.

By the way, you have been phoning the client and/or agent by 09:30 each day, as your contract tells you to? (Mine always do.) If not, that's why they don't believe you.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X