• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HIPs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIPs

I had an estate agent come round with a view to putting my flat up for sale and he said I needed a HIP before he could start to market it. They offer one for £400 and he says there are cheaper ones available, but some of them may not be worth the paper they are written on. I haven't clued myself up on HIPs yet, but there do indeed appear to be much cheaper ones available, e.g. on-line. Any comments?

Tell the estate agent to pay for the HIPS or you'll get another agent.
    In the current climate, they will jump at the offer.
    Job done.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I had an estate agent come round with a view to putting my flat up for sale and he said I needed a HIP before he could start to market it. They offer one for £400 and he says there are cheaper ones available, but some of them may not be worth the paper they are written on. I haven't clued myself up on HIPs yet, but there do indeed appear to be much cheaper ones available, e.g. on-line. Any comments?
      Definition of "worth" of a HIP?

Comment

Go Online, he's obviously on a kick back
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

They said with Elvis it was all in the HIPS.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Chap I worked with many many moons ago set up in business supplying HIPS.

Just in time for the market to go through the floor...

Oooops.
            Did he have to pay for training and set up ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Many agents used to start marketing a property before a HIP was in existence, and not many buyers ask to see a HIP anyway. Try another agent, and also get the agent to pay for it, as a previous poster stated. If you wait until June 2003, HIPS will be abolished anyway, and that should be a nice positive boost to the market.

Comment

none of them are

HIPs are simply a stealth tax on selling houses. Vendors don't want them, buyers don't want them, and estate agents view them as a pain in the neck.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm going to be putting my own flat on the market soon, and the HIP is the last thing I need to deal with. I'm going to look for an agent who will market my property without one.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    none of them are

HIPs are simply a stealth tax on selling houses. Vendors don't want them, buyers don't want them, and estate agents view them as a pain in the neck.

It seems at last that some others are at last coming round to the idea that most HMG initiatives have a stealth tax element involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X