• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to explain what "printing money" means to the missus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to explain what "printing money" means to the missus

Does anyone have a linky handy for explaining this one to the missus? Missus M is struggling a little with this concept.

I earn it, she spends it.

Where's the difficulty? "It's just like printing money".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I earn it, she spends it.

Where's the difficulty? "It's just like printing money".
      Benched at the moment ...

Comment

Put her on the game. A man of your discerning taste - you should make a huge profit.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          Does anyone have a linky handy for explaining this one to the missus? Missus M is struggling a little with this concept.
          explain to her that she grows potatoes, and her neighbour grows cabbages.

a few times a year they meet and swop vegetables. She gives ten potatoes for each cabbage.

The bad news is this, Potatoes are ready in June, cabbages are ready in September, so your missus hands over ten potatoes and gets a promise in return. I owe you one cabbage. Your neighbour writes it down, it's an IOU.
          It's also currency.

I owe you one cabbage. I promise to pay the bearer on demand, one cabbage.

Funny thing is, that piece of paper has nothing to do with real cabbages. You cant eat it either. Your neighbour could print the missus another one, I owe you TWO cabbages. BUT.. she might not even be growing cabbages when september comes, she might have nothing to back it up.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Put her on the game. A man of your discerning taste - you should make a huge profit.
            I'm having my birthday party at the moment(my birthday isn't today, but, the party, it'll take a few days). You've just made an awful lot of people laugh. So your joke works in/across a multicultural paradigm.

It was really very good. I'll buy you a pint one day.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

We aim to please. Give 'em my love.

Comment

tell er it#s simple,

just buy

a

u

Milan.

dyor do your own research etc

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  tell er it#s simple,

just buy

a

u

Milan.

dyor do your own research etc

Cheers mate. You managed to get round to changing all those passwords yet?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    It means we have become Zimbabwe.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X