• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does CUK attract the less savoury people in IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does CUK attract the less savoury people in IT? Why is it like a classroom in here?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why does CUK attract the less savoury people in IT? Why is it like a classroom in here?
    Because the more savoury are busy working than writing here.*

*Disclaimer: the theory does obviously not apply to anyone reading, writing or participating anyhow to this thread
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

checks the forum is General... yes...
      a) because one can let off steam here in a way unacceptable at ClientCo. So some normal people are rude here to cope.

b) because we make easy targets for tulipbags.

c) because the industry does contain more socially inept people than the average.

Why is it like a classroom in here?
      It's not like any classroom I remember being in. Here people don't think I'm the class smart-arse and ignore me, or expect me to do their homework with nothing in return, or take the piss out of me for showing respect to those I consider wiser or more intelligent than myself, or throw in nasty comments to hide their incompetence, or not let me play their games because I don't suck up to them.

Oh, yeah. I see what you mean now.

Let's see how much abuse that attracts...
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Why is it like a classroom in here?
        At 9:05 tomorrow everyone start humming until admin goes nuts and puts us all into detention. Pass it on

Comment

Because it's a place where PM Junkie and Sasguru can have their nappies changed.

Oh sorry, that's nursery isnt it
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Because it's a site for contractors (who perhaps over time begin to think their salary equates to status) in IT (where it's hardly unusual to find those lacking social skills).
            I also wonder if the contractor demographic tends to be more skewed than the rest of IT, since it perhaps attracts people who don't fit well in a normal workplace environment? Is that fair?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Two reasons

Most contactors are self-opinionated know it all’s, after all we get paid for what we do best, and what we do must be right, and let's be honest - we get paid more than the permies so we must be better.

Also

Most people in IT are childish nerds, with interests such as Si-Fi, Gaming and hi-tech gadgets

Put that together and you find the average IT Contractor here

Not quite sure if I like to count myself as adverage
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

There is some truth in both of the posts above. Then again it's sometimes hard to judge who is serious here, who is trolling, who is having a laugh and who is genuinely mentally disturbed. There are some good eggs here and some truely rotten ones. Then you get a lot of following the pack, agreeing and fortifying simplistic cliches ,innacurate but safe comic parodies of real life, where white middle class males are ever under attack. Rigourous debate is rejected in favour of stereotyping, probably as much as anything to provoke reaction, relieve boredom or just as a lazy shorthand to save time. I do remember a time before the cut n paste, Daily Mail, grumpy old man routine.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 February 2009, 20:13.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  There are some good eggs here

This is very true

Wish I was one of them......

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    At 9:05 tomorrow everyone start humming until admin goes nuts and puts us all into detention. Pass it on

post of the week surely?

Comment

Working...
                    X