• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our government - repair or replace?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our government - repair or replace?

Apologies in advance for the incredibly mundane nature of this thread - I appreciate that it's verging on Wilmslowesque.

Our 11.5 year old government (Labour) gave up half way through an economic cycle with a load of warning lights and statistics and a small puddle of urine underneath. Warning lights disappeared after injecting £1.5 trn of taxpayers money, but I'm reluctant to try voting it in again in case the puddle becomes something a little more severe.

Am tempted to sell it for a tenner on Ebay as faulty and buy a brand new one, but there's the obvious alternative of getting it repaired. Would appreciate any words of wisdom on which route to take and any things I need to bear in mind if I go down the repair route. I'm hopeless at anything financial by the way so diagnosing and repairing the fault myself is out of the question!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Apologies in advance for the incredibly mundane nature of this thread - I appreciate that it's verging on Wilmslowesque.

Our 11.5 year old government (Labour) gave up half way through an economic cycle with a load of warning lights and statistics and a small puddle of urine underneath. Warning lights disappeared after injecting £1.5 trn of taxpayers money, but I'm reluctant to try voting it in again in case the puddle becomes something a little more severe.

Am tempted to sell it for a tenner on Ebay as faulty and buy a brand new one, but there's the obvious alternative of getting it repaired. Would appreciate any words of wisdom on which route to take and any things I need to bear in mind if I go down the repair route. I'm hopeless at anything financial by the way so diagnosing and repairing the fault myself is out of the question!

Comment

Give up and buy a new one.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Vote for a New one. Our last one lasted many years and Zimbabwes has lasted 23+ years.

Plenty cheapness = many headaches

Comment

My Mum had a Tory for many years. At first it worked fine, then all this sleaze started to ooze out. Turned out to be nothing Major.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It wont make any difference if you repair it or replace it : you will still get faulty service.

Maybe you are using it wrongly? Best to get your wife to use it for you : women are far better at operating those things than men.

If you are an unmarried virgin I suggest getting a mail order bribe.

HTH

Comment

mmm. sometimes these centre-frugal machines dont deliver on expectations. It's more than likely a faulty tub-end or belt. Is the tub-end Brown ? try getting a new belt, then belt it for a week.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                My Mum had a Tory for many years. At first it worked fine, then all this sleaze started to ooze out. Turned out to be nothing Major.
                Certainly nothing Major compared to the smelly Brown mess oozing out of the current apparatus.

We're going to need one hell of a Clarke to sort out the books shortly.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Any self respecting bloke would dig in and have a look. It probably the Brown thats blown, although I've heard if they go wrong, they can bugger up the whole thing.

"Keep them at 24,000"
                  "No, feet"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X