• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - your liability including interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BN66 - your liability including interest

How much would you owe if this goes against us?
    Under £25k
    4.08%
    £25k to £50k
    8.16%
    £50k to £75k
    14.29%
    £75k to £100k
    20.41%
    £100k to £150k
    18.37%
    £150k to £200k
    10.20%
    £200k to £300k
    6.12%
    £300k to £500k
    6.12%
    Over £500k
    0.00%
    andyw
    12.24%

Well done on the andyw option

Presumably one should not include liability under the new montp scheme? Or is that a silly question given the title of the thread?

Comment

can't vote ....can I get upgraded

Hi,

Weak lurker with no power to vote .....pick me pick me
      Cheers

CPBWRN

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Well done on the andyw option

Presumably one should not include liability under the new montp scheme? Or is that a silly question given the title of the thread?
        I guess we should also include an estimate of the effect of 2007/08 up to 12 March for anyone still on the scheme during that year (SAs just submitted so AB and his henchmen have not had time to open any investigations - yet)
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Nice graph. Starting to form a bell curve, with the majority around the £75k to £200k mark.

Comment

can't vote ....can I get upgraded

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            Hi,

Weak lurker with no power to vote .....pick me pick me
            Cheers

CPBWRN
            I can't vote too, how do I get some rights......to vote please?

<admin note>You now have the power! If any other new users want a manual account upgrade then use the contact form at the bottom of the site to let me know.</admin>

Comment

It looks like the majority are facing a liability of between £75k and £150k.

I always suspected that the average would be around the £100k mark.

Of course, it would have been a lot less than this if it wasn't for the interest.

Comment

So what percentage of your gross annual income will you keep if (IF) HMRC win? (after MP fees, any PAYE and other taxation, penalties etc.)

I'm just wondering how much worse off you actually are than you might have been under, say, PAYE.

My guess is 40%, so about 15% worse off than full PAYE.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                  So what percentage of your gross annual income will you keep if (IF) HMRC win? (after MP fees, any PAYE and other taxation, penalties etc.)

I'm just wondering how much worse off you actually are than you might have been under, say, PAYE.

I will be no worse off at all as I am not going to pay it, can’t take what I don’t have (the X took it and me house).

Intend to take as many of the UK banks with me if I go (if any are left by then)!

Are MontP going to refund their charges if they loose this with HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

There is no employers NIC to pay, although this is almost matched by Montpelier's 10% fee. Additional self-employed NICs are fairly insignificant.

The tax liability would be the same as if you'd been on PAYE.

So, the only real difference is the interest accrued up to 5 years. If you had invested the money or taken out a CTD then that would have covered that off.

However, there is one BIG problem.

Most people haven't still got the money they earned up to 8 years go. They've spent it. It's gone. They've got nothing, nadar. To quote John Cleese in the parrot sketch:

This money is no more! It has ceased to be! THIS IS EX-MONEY!!

Comment

Working...
                    X