• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone here like the daily mail?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here like the daily mail?

Following the hijacking of another thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/780600-post8.html I thought I would start a sensible one.

Personally I despise the blaming of immigrants for all our issues, the poor journalism, lack of keeping to the facts and trying to put house prices in at every opportunity.

In fact, if the telegraph, times and independent are not available I would choose the guardian before the mail.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Following the hijacking of another thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/780600-post8.html I thought I would start a sensible one.

Personally I despise the blaming of immigrants for all our issues, the poor journalism, lack of keeping to the facts and trying to put house prices in at every opportunity.

In fact, if the telegraph, times and independent are not available I would choose the guardian before the mail.
    I only read the Daily Mail if I can get a free copy in the Gym. Wouldn't pay for the privilege.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I read it on the plane for the first time in years. It's atrocious. At least the Sun, etc. don't pretend to be newspapers.

Comment

From BGG : "At least it has the courage to speak out about what's wrong with the country and continually pokes a stick at our government. Would you rather it didn't and just posted celeb gossip and pictures of breasts like The Sun ?"

Comment

I would never allow it in the house although Mrs Gonzo did like it, and they did a feature on her once.

Time for a Yes Prime Minister quote I think:

Jim Hacker: "Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:
          - The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
          - The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
          - The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
          - The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
          - The Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
          - The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
          - And the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is."

Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, what about the people who read the Sun?"

Bernard Woolley: "Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits."

Comment

Is it my imagination or is The Times about the most pro Labour rag at the moment? I've read it a few times recently and I get the impression they are somewhat reluctant to stick the knife in where all the other papers are having a go. Other than that I find it a real yawn, though the Sunday Times is a good read.
            Personally I prefer the Telegraph but if that's not available, I'd have the Independent or the Guardian over the Times any day - they at least have strong opinions and are not afraid to voice them.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
              Is it my imagination or is The Times about the most pro Labour rag at the moment? I've read it a few times recently and I get the impression they are somewhat reluctant to stick the knife in where all the other papers are having a go. Other than that I find it a real yawn, though the Sunday Times is a good read.
              Personally I prefer the Telegraph but if that's not available, I'd have the Independent or the Guardian over the Times any day - they at least have strong opinions and are not afraid to voice them.
              The worry is that if the times is pro labour then so will the sun be. The plebs will vote for who the sun tells them to.

Comment

If you think of it as a right wing Viz then it comes across as a really good read.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  Totally agree - I bought a copy of The Times this morning and was also stunned by the poor quality of the journalism. With the FT also being left wing the only paper that is decently written and doesn't leave my blood pressure rising these days is The Telegraph.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was on the plane the other day, choice of Daily Mail or telegraph for free - telegraph any day.

On the way back, only Mail left - ignored completely.

There is a lot of polarisation of views on these boards - is this a reflection of society or everybody just lazy and following the herd (me included)?

We should probably all read all the papers to get a balanced view but who has the time?
                    Beer
                    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X