• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

University Challenge and that plain swotty girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University Challenge and that plain swotty girl

Have I missed something here? People seem to be going on a lot about University Challenge like I've missed the television event of the year.

Isn't it just a slightly more grown up Blockbusters for the sort of students who used to wear a shirt and tie to lectures?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

KUATB grandad
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Is Universally Challenged broadcast in black and white or have they moved over to colour yet. I must remember to set my Betamax recorder.

Comment

Alright, I wasn't paying attention on Monday.....

Anyway, in colour - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxA0a5G6ccg

Up Scumbag!
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Have you noticed that the answers to all the long-winded maths questions are always zero, one, or very exceptionally, minus one?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Have you noticed that the answers to all the long-winded maths questions are always zero, one, or very exceptionally, minus one?
            [Childish snigger]
            +1
            [/Childish snigger]

Comment

Indeed. I just shout 'One' or sometimes 'Zero' at the telly after every maths question, and get it right quite often. When it's wrong, I just say something random like 'I thought he meant the inverse ratio'. It impresses the wife no end

Comment

GAIL TRIMBLE TO BE BURNT AS A WITCH

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  She looks quite gothy in that photo.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

using the same logic I managed to impress the wife by answering a very long question regarding tangets, sines etc correctly with "90 degrees". The plain girl didn't get the answer though.

Comment

Working...
                    X