• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron's eldest son Ivan dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron's eldest son Ivan dies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7909562.stm

Awful.

Edit: Sorry this seems to have already been mentioned.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 25 February 2009, 12:22.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Awful.

Edit: Sorry this seems to have already been mentioned.
    Shame, he was only six, no parent should have to go through this.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I'll reply because the other thread is full of WHS and ++1 which seems a bit disrespectful. I like Cameron as a man, even from the first time I saw him on questiontime, before he was even touted as a potential leader, I thought this guy is the breath of fresh air the Conservatives need. He seems to be a genuine person, happy in his domestic life. I truely feel sorry that this has happened to him.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I'll reply because the other thread is full of WHS and ++1 which seems a bit disrespectful. I like Cameron as a man, even from the first time I saw him on questiontime, before he was even touted as a potential leader, I thought this guy is the breath of fresh air the Conservatives need. He seems to be a genuine person, happy in his domestic life. I truely feel sorry that this has happened to him.
        He's my constituency MP (Witney) and I have met him on a few occasions - mostly at charity and awards dos.

I encountered him once standing on a upturned milk crate outside Witney town hall. A crowd gathered and were universally supportive of him. Try seeing that in any Labour town. He's really in his element when talking to people on the streets - unlike the current First Lord of the Treasury.

He is a very nice man. He is undoubtedly a 'toff' but he is a warm and seemingly genuine man. When you talk to him, he seems to be listening and taking it in - not just nodding politely and dismissing you like so many politicos.

I feel so sorry for his loss.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

What can I say that hasn't already been said.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I know I put a WHS in the other thread so I will expand and stop being lazy.

Its very sad for any child to die, I do feel sorry for David Cameron and his family.

It was nice to see PMs Question Time delayed as a mark of respect.
            Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The link on the page..

is quite sad..

I know we all like to launch into abuse, I think we forget sometimes that there is a person or a family there.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The link on the page..

is quite sad..

I know we all like to launch into abuse, I think we forget sometimes that there is a person or a family there.
                Hear hear.

Comment

As a positive, It sounds like having Ivan in his life had made him a better person with empathy for the plight of the disabled and their carers..

Friends have said the experience of caring for Ivan broadened Mr Cameron's political outlook and made him a passionate supporter of the NHS, which helped provide the round-the-clock care Ivan needed.

"The problems that Ivan had in some way shaped that family and shaped David as a person," said George Osborne.

In a 2007 speech, Mr Cameron descrived how he cared for the "severely disabled" Ivan.

"It's what I do at the start of each day. It's sharpened my focus on the world of care assessments, eligibility criteria, disability living allowance, respite breaks, OTs, SENCOs, and other sets of initials.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    As a positive, It sounds like having Ivan in his life had made him a better person with empathy for the plight of the disabled and their carers..

Friends have said the experience of caring for Ivan broadened Mr Cameron's political outlook and made him a passionate supporter of the NHS, which helped provide the round-the-clock care Ivan needed.

"The problems that Ivan had in some way shaped that family and shaped David as a person," said George Osborne.

In a 2007 speech, Mr Cameron descrived how he cared for the "severely disabled" Ivan.

"It's what I do at the start of each day. It's sharpened my focus on the world of care assessments, eligibility criteria, disability living allowance, respite breaks, OTs, SENCOs, and other sets of initials.
                    Agree, it make Cameron all the fitter to be PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X