• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zero income tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero income tax

Contractor in my team: "I use a scheme that means I don't have to pay any income tax and I get to keep 82% of my rate."
    Me: "You're asking for trouble"
    Him: "No, my accountant says that its legal"

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Is it offshore? Is the scheme HMRC approved?

Comment

Does the scheme use a loan and then capital gains tax.

Is this legal?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think anyone who uses a scheme these days needs their head read.

Comment

It's my target to pay zero Corp Tax, but as to how you can pay Zero Income tax as well is beyond me.

AoN I was in the Bahamas on a contract and just noticing how many "registered offices" signs are up on doorways there gives you cause to wonder what would happen to the island economy should offshore schemes disappear entirely.
          "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
          "See?"

Comment

The more idiots that do this the better - means that the people who are sensible in their tax avoidance are less likely to have to justify themselves in court.

Lets hope HMRC chase these guys rather than us.
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Contractor in my team: "I use a scheme that means I don't have to pay any income tax and I get to keep 82% of my rate."
              Me: "You're asking for trouble"
              Him: "No, my accountant says that its legal"

Have a look at all the schemes being talked about on this forum....

All of them are being investigated by HMRC and anyone who believes they will get 82% as stupid as the rest of us. Except now people are warning others about them!

Look at the BN66 thread....lots of worried people.

These schemes are not worth the risk, well unless you are the guy taking the 18% in the IOM. He is the only one who will legally not pay tax.

Comment

Get him to post details of the scheme. I need a good laugh today.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                  It's my target to pay zero Corp Tax,
                  By sitting on the bench for 12 months you mean ?

Comment

Unless he's paying a load of NI that's a very fat fee
                    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
                    X