• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2009

I'm all over the place today. I wondered where it went.

Anyway, bread rolls at the ready - launch!

https://www.recruiterawards.co.uk/TableBookings.aspx
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

"Companies shortlisted in the Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2009 are:

Yours Sincerely"!

I can just see their letters now

Dear sir,

mumble mumble waffle

Yours Sincerely

Yours Sincerely

tim

Comment

OMG - My money! Wasted like taxes
      Where's a Jihad when you need one?
      Bored.

Comment

"Spring Group
        Winner of the Best IT Recruitment Firm category. "

anyone ever used them? never heard of them myself
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The shortlist makes interesting reading - who the f**k are most of these? I find it hard to believe that any of these could possibly win an "excellence" award when most agencies I seem to come across employ inane f**kwits.

These events are meaningless and usually only run as cash cows to the organisers. As there are so many unknowns on the shortlist what they have done this year is just carpet bombed Jobserve for the names of as many recruitment firms as possible in the hope that letting them know they have been shortlisted will get them top cough up £1500 and show up to try to make a profit from the whole incestuous and sorry affair.

However, I fully support the black tie dress code in the hope that many of these companies will be put out of their misery and buried quite soon as celebrated victims of the financial storm; leaving ony Svaal-Baards Recruitment PLc. Ltd.* as the only player standing when the new world order is realised

* Svaal-Baards Recruitment Plc Ltd are not regulated by any puppet regulatory body. Our cut of your daily rate is normally about 50% but for that charge you will receive non existent service levels and we never answer the phone. Which is nice.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I've heard of Spring, but are they as good as Computer People (winner of CUK best agency award)?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I've heard of Spring, but are they as good as Computer People (winner of CUK best agency award)?
              In what sense is the word "best" used?

CP and "best," in the normal sense of the word are not natural bedfellows surely.

Comment

Didn't Dodgy Agent come on here last year to suggest something to the effect that this was a bunch of, well, people that he wouldn't want to be associated with, giving themselves awards, when other agents were more concerned with actual agenting?

Comment

I am imagine it is the usual azz kiss fest for the old boys to get p*ssed at and grope their secretaries while the real agents are out doing the work.

but why go hard on the recruiters we have just had the Brits, The Oscars and a number of other pointless award ceremonies for shallow, selfish rich people.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    "Spring Group
                    Winner of the Best IT Recruitment Firm category. "

anyone ever used them? never heard of them myself
                    I worked through Sping in 1988-1989. They were great (weekly pay, on time, monthly lunch out).

No idea what they are like now, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X