• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

honestly....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly....

Spent all day deriving a plan for the coming months then during a meeting with the account manager my boss comes out "We've be hammering out this plan for you"

He never lifted a eyelid in assistance - I could of went for his throat.

Don't you just hate it when someone takes credit for your work?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Spent all day deriving a plan for the coming months then during a meeting with the account manager my boss comes out "We've be hammering out this plan for you"

It's a funny one this. For donkeys years I had to put up with the same dung. Then one day I was the lead and another dude was doing all the work. The temptation to interfere was mountainous, but I refrained, so when the job was done, I felt it was indeed a team effort, simply because I had given him the space and the time (=money)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

FFS He's your ****** manager so of course he takes credit. That's what he's paying you for. Personally, If I were him, I'd take the credit and then quitely get rid of you.....But then, if he's smart that what's he's planning. Say hello to to Benchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        FFS He's your ****** manager so of course he takes credit. That's what he's paying you for. Personally, If I were him, I'd take the credit and then quitely get rid of you.....But then, if he's smart that what's he's planning. Say hello to to Benchy.
        They've already offered an extension until October - told them no thank you. (but not because of that credit taking, micro managing is the main reason, the introduction of inch management finished me off)
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

As someone new to the world of managing others, it's an interesting point. I mean my graphics coder certainly deserves praise from me when he does something we think might be a new technique, and I make a point to pass praise from the client down to him when his work is praised, but I also think I deserve praise.

If you put 10 great coders in a room with a great spec, and leave them, I doubt you'd get much worth praising if you care about deadlines and budgets.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            FFS He's your ****** manager so of course he takes credit. That's what he's paying you for. Personally, If I were him, I'd take the credit and then quitely dispose of the body.....But then, if he's smart that what's he's planning. Say hello to to Benchy.

+ quietly
            Bored.

Comment

I agree with what's been said in general. But!! I'm in one of those places where 80% of the people around me are managers.

In fact if I look around my immediate area 4 out of 5 people are managers, they hand the tittles out like biscuits. The unfortunate circumstance of this is that some of these guys are really good technical/engineer minded chaps but awful managers.

Back to my inch stones.....

Comment

I agree with what's been said in general. But!! I'm in one of those places where 80% of the people around me are managers.

In fact if I look around my immediate area 4 out of 5 people are managers, they hand the tittles out like biscuits. The unfortunate circumstance of this is that some of these guys are really good technical/engineer minded chaps but awful managers.

Back to my inch stones.....
                I found this to be more common outside Britain. In many countries if you want to continue your carrier as an engineer/technical person you are a childish immature individual. Every must end up in management, no matter if you are any good at or not.... Well as a matter of fact most of them will strive to get a management position only because of the money offered and quite likely the most technically gifted person might achieve this because of his achievement in a technical position. So most companies end up with bad managers and even worse techies....
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  So most companies end up with bad managers and even worse techies....
                  Which is good news for us contractors, so we come on site to fix problems and get our credit stolen! Full circle... Maaaaaaaaarvellous (Rimmer style)

Comment

I used to mind when I was a permie, but now I just think of my next invoice and smile. Honestly, who cares?

Comment

Working...
                    X