• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website to LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website to LinkedIn

I currently have a domain name registered (and hosted) but, as yet, dont have a website. That is on hold until I get off the bench....! I have now got my LinkedIn profile up to the point where I feel it is a useful marketing tool.

As an interim solution, how can I set up my domain/URL so it points to my public profile on LinkedIn? Has anyone done this in the past?

TIA

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    I currently have a domain name registered (and hosted) but, as yet, dont have a website. That is on hold until I get off the bench....! I have now got my LinkedIn profile up to the point where I feel it is a useful marketing tool.

As an interim solution, how can I set up my domain/URL so it points to my public profile on LinkedIn? Has anyone done this in the past?

TIA
    You could put some JavaScript in an index page to redirect it. See here

http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/javascriptredirect.php

You might want to alert the user and put off the redirect for a few seconds. Another option would be to load the linkedin page in a frame.
    Last edited by jkoder; 26 February 2009, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jkoder View Post
      You could put some JavaScript in an index page to redirect it. See here

http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/javascriptredirect.php

You might want to alert the user and put off the redirect for a few seconds. Another option would be to load the linkedin page in a frame.
      Burn it!!! At least use an iframe...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

or you could just set a cname record and stop overcomplicating things....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          or you could just set a cname record and stop overcomplicating things....
          Would that work, as the OP would probably want the redirect to go directly to his profile page on LinkedIn, and not just the host itself?
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Any domain name provider worth their salt will allow you to set a redirect within their DNS admin section. Be very surprised if your's doesnt.

Login to the site of whoever you bought your domain name off.

Comment

Working...
            X