• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any MCTS's out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any MCTS's out there?

Would like a bit of advice regarding courses for the MCTS 70-640 (Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring) exam.

I've got a NT4 and Win 2000 server background but feel my skills need updating. I want to do a course to prepare for this exam and see that Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services -
    (Microsoft Training Course: 6425) - 5 days seems to be the core course for this.

I also see that Configuring Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory - (Microsoft Training Course: 6426) - 3 days is also recommended.

For anyone that has done the exam, can you tell me if both courses are fairly mandatory or can you get away with just the 5 dayer? I'm thinking of doing the 5 day course and reading around the subjects on the 3 dayer.

Any experience or advice on this?

I would just buy books for the whole lot. Its only AD, it can't be that hard.

Comment

Working...
    X