• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is wine addictive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is wine addictive?

I know quite a lot of people who always have a few glasses of wine every night (or maybe even a bottle or two!)

I've always found this wierd, cause even though I come from a very boozey family, and can polish off a LOT at the weekend when I'm out..I've never really been one for drinking in the house - it always seemed like drinking for the sake of it to me.

However, over the last year I've really developed a nice taste for wine. It started off on the run up to the wedding I think, I was working next to a Waitrose and their "Wine Cellar" area was awesome..and with the wedding and all chances to celebrate I kept taking home stupidly expensive and lush bottles of wine.

Anyway...current day situation...we've joined a wine club and have a lovely supply of gorgeous wine in the house...I want wine every night, and I can't see the point in having a meal without it!
    I dont want any other booze, and I dont need a whole bottle (although it's getting there!!), but I'm starting to wonder if wine is actually addictive? I've never felt this dependant on something since I smoked.
    I seriously couldn't imagine not having a drink when I get in tonight

Anyone else the same?
    The pope is a tard.

I would reply but I'm off to the pub

hic !

Comment

Some people have more addictive personalities than others.
      Although some substances are also addictive, their addictiveness will vary between people.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Pop down to your local AA meeting and ask them!!
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          II dont want any other booze, and I dont need a whole bottle (although it's getting there!!), but I'm starting to wonder if wine is actually addictive? I've never felt this dependant on something since I smoked.
          I seriously couldn't imagine not having a drink when I get in tonight

Anyone else the same?
          If that is true then you aren't really asking yourself an honest question.

Seriously, if you are conecerned about your alcohol issues, you might not get the best advice on this forum. Have a look around www.alcoholconcern.org.uk for starters.

Comment

AAAArrreee yyyooouuu ggeettiingg blluurrryy vviisssiiionn iiin thhhee daayyyy????? IIIfff sssoooo yyyoouuu maayyy hhaavvee aaa ppproobbllemmm.

Comment

I don't drink in the house often. Never really understood it, unless you can't stand the wife/job/life.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I don't drink in the house often. Never really understood it, unless you can't stand the wife/job/life.
                My wife drinks heavily.

But only if I'm in the house.

Comment

I used to be the same. I think it is addictive in the sense that alcohol can actually cause stress. So if you have some wine Monday night, the chances are by Tuesday evening you'll feel a little bit more stressed and in need of drink etc...

Comment

The alcohol in the wine, for some people - highly addictive.

Comment

Working...
                    X