• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nhs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nhs

OH's mum, 85 and just out from hospital after broken leg, had clot in leg and went into hospital today. Waited around for hours for scan and then just got injection, come back tomorrow for scan. Ambulance back home? Oh, no, there are no ambulances after 5 pm. Had to get taxi.

She is now very upset and refusing to go back tomorrow. I'm pretty angry about this idiocy. If she dies from this clot you may see me on the news.

**** **** ****. I don't want to grow old in this country.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    OH's mum, 85 and just out from hospital after broken leg, had clot in leg and went into hospital today. Waited around for hours for scan and then just got injection, come back tomorrow for scan. Ambulance back home? Oh, no, there are no ambulances after 5 pm. Had to get taxi.

She is now very upset and refusing to go back tomorrow. I'm pretty angry about this idiocy. If she dies from this clot you may see me on the news.

**** **** ****. I don't want to grow old in this country.
    Sorry to hear about your mum - is she on warfarin or taking aspirin?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Sorry to hear about your mum - is she on warfarin or taking aspirin?
      Other Half's mum. We presume the injection was warfarin. But she was supposed to be scanned today but wasn't, after hours waiting. Pressure of work/inability to be arsed I presume. Come back tomorrow.

Bokrah, as they say in arabic. Piss off without explanation and bother me some other time if at all.

Trouble is she is so upset at the treatment (not in a medical sense) that she got, including being told simply that ambulances stopped at 5 pm, that she won't go tomorrow. No matter even if OH takes day off work (prob et sacked for it) to go over there (3 hrs) and take her, she refuses. Yes she'd rather die than be treated this way. And she advises us to get Bupa because it's ****ed otherwise. I think she's right.

Comment

She got it wrong

She shouldn't have said my daughter married a nice rich contractor. She should have said she my daughter was knocked up again by one of a myriad of lovers, only tell my grandchildren apart by surnames now shacked up with an extremist preacher on benefits so proud of her. She would have got a limo home.

Yep sympathise the system seems stacked against real people.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think I'd make her go back. It was a blood clot that killed my Grandad. If it manages to make its way to her heart she'll be dead. Hospital transport is a joke though.

As for the treatment you get in hospitals I couldn't agree more. There is no joined up thinking in the NHS. In the run up to my wifes kidney tranplant she was having all her bloods and workups done at one hospital in Manchester and the transplant itself done at another. She would constantly get appointments from both often at the same time on the same day or 2 ten minute appointments on consectutive days. Things would run so much easier if they actually thought and planned peoples treatment. Also the amount of paperwork they store is amazing. Her file is huge - mine on the other hand is like a couple of sheets of A4.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            I think I'd make her go back. It was a blood clot that killed my Grandad. If it manages to make its way to her heart she'll be dead. Hospital transport is a joke though.

As for the treatment you get in hospitals I couldn't agree more. There is no joined up thinking in the NHS. In the run up to my wifes kidney tranplant she was having all her bloods and workups done at one hospital in Manchester and the transplant itself done at another. She would constantly get appointments from both often at the same time on the same day or 2 ten minute appointments on consectutive days. Things would run so much easier if they actually thought and planned peoples treatment. Also the amount of paperwork they store is amazing. Her file is huge - mine on the other hand is like a couple of sheets of A4.
            My OH tells me that today her mum is flat refusing to go back to the hospital. Digging heels in.

It's a bad joke: how the hell can you take an 85-year-old sick person15 miles to hospital in an ambulance for an appointment, not give them what you made the appointment for, and then tell them that they can't get taken back home the way they came because it's after 5 pm?

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hope things are better today, I really worry about the NHS, I worry that we have spent so much more money on it recently and nothing seems to have improved.

The gf's aunt was taken into hospital one night during her last few days with terminal cancer, when the gf went to the hospital the next morning to see how she was she was found on a trolley in a corridor passing in and out of conciousness with the pain. The gf asked what was being done for treatment and the nurse replied "leave that up to us we are in charge here and walks off". Then it kicks off, gf is screaming at nurse "who is charge here, I want know this, I want to know that, 100ccs of this" a total Quincy style rant. Then the nurses twig the gf is a doctor and they now know they are in the tulip and things start moving.

They left her there for 14 hours, the gf took the complaint to the very top, meetings with head of hospital, every time that hospital is mentioned the gf mutters something.

What struck me is that you have to have a doctor working for you to get a decent level of service.

Comment

[QUOTE=expat;783460]My OH tells me that today her mum is flat refusing to go back to the hospital. Digging heels in.
                QUOTE]

If the clot hasn't gone but has worked free there will be more digging to be done.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X