• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had an offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an offer

On my flat. I put it up for sale very recently and before the brochure or HIP were completed, have had 2 viewings and an offer. I think at the peak of the boom my flat might have sold for £210K at a push and I have agreed £159,500. So that's around 76% of the peak of the boom price, or a 24% drop. It is a bit premature in the sales process to accept offers, but a bird in the hand etc.

Next stop may be rentsville.

Anyone know what the conveyancing costs are for selling only? The Estate agent is offering a 'special' price of around £550.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Anyone know what the conveyancing costs are for selling only? The Estate agent is offering a 'special' price of around £550.
    That sounds like an ok deal. Used to be you'd pay 0.5% but most sols will do a fixed price deal these days.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'd be inclined to ring round a few of the local solicitors and ask them for a quote, their conveyancing business will be quiet so they should be competitive. I would previously have said to check the web solicitors, but someone I know had a load of grief with one recently, unfortunately I'm beggared if I can recall which one it was.

Comment

I used http://www.conveyancing-warehouse.com/indexGPPC.html

They were really good, and a lot cheeper than the estate agent quote.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

On my flat. I put it up for sale very recently and before the brochure or HIP were completed, have had 2 viewings and an offer. I think at the peak of the boom my flat might have sold for £210K at a push and I have agreed £159,500. So that's around 76% of the peak of the boom price, or a 24% drop. .
          If you've had an offer so quickly are you not tempted to put it back on the market for £10k or £20k more? See what sniffs you get at that price?

I understand taking a pricecut when you've been waiting for 6 months and you're desperate...but taking a lower price when it's offered before the place even goes in the brochure...aren't you doing yourself?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            If you've had an offer so quickly are you not tempted to put it back on the market for £10k or £20k more? See what sniffs you get at that price?

I understand taking a pricecut when you've been waiting for 6 months and you're desperate...but taking a lower price when it's offered before the place even goes in the brochure...aren't you doing yourself?
            In ordinary times yes, but not today. It's 10k higher than an offer a guy in another flat in the block got a year ago and my buyer wants to move fast, which suits me. I think also that estate agents tend to put a flurry of work in at the start and then begin to lose interest and/or ask for a price reduction. And prices are dropping. I was surprised at its highish valuation to be honest, as I thought there would be few buyers offering much out there.

Comment

In ordinary times yes, but not today. It's 10k higher than an offer a guy in another flat in the block got a year ago and my buyer wants to move fast, which suits me. I think also that estate agents tend to put a flurry of work in at the start and then begin to lose interest and/or ask for a price reduction. And prices are dropping. I was surprised at its highish valuation to be honest, as I thought there would be few buyers offering much out there.

It just goes to show that you can get a good price if you have the right property. Well done !!

Comment

Be vary wary of organising any conveyancing through an estate agent. Most of them will just pass your detail on to a local solicitor and charge 50% for the privelage.

When I moved house in 2007, I paid 700 quid for conveyancing on both purchase and sale...
                Still Invoicing

Comment

I think at the peak of the boom my flat might have sold for £210K at a push and I have agreed £159,500. So that's around 76% of the peak of the boom price, or a 24% drop.
                  It might only be a 24% drop, but it would have to rise by nearly 32% to get back to £210K.

I blame Gordon Brown-o-nomics for that.

Comment

210 boom price should be around 170 now. But any buyer with any sense is pricing a further drop into their offer, so I think you'd be lucky to get that.

What were you asking (if I may ask)

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X