• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wtf?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf?

Having just been turned down for a Test Management role on the grounds of being 'too senior' (read; expensive), I see that the same clientco is hiring a 'Junior Technical Project Management Support Assistant'.

Is there a conspiracy to waste money instead of hiring competent people?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Having just been turned down for a Test Management role on the grounds of being 'too senior' (read; expensive), I see that the same clientco is hiring a 'Junior Technical Project Management Support Assistant'.

Perhaps all they wanted was a 'Junior Technical Project Management Support Assistant'. Making coffee at the office isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Making coffee at the office isn't all it's cracked up to be.
      No, but I'd do it for 75 euros per hour.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

got a link?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

No, but I'd do it for 75 euros per hour.
          Your OP implied they had a bit less in mind.

I can't make coffee.

Comment

Yes, but it's real name is probably something like bonus protection scheme, oops sorry, I mean shareholder value.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X