• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions and Bradbury & Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Solutions and Bradbury & Co

Hi there everyone,

Has any of you come across or worked for or via Sunday Solutions and dealt with their accountants called Bradbury & Co??

Please be aware that they hold back your taxes, earning interest for themselves even after you have completed your self-assessment and paid your dues to the tax man.

It is then very difficult to get an answer from them or to get YOUR money released back to you! They keep passing the "buck" and telling you all kinds of stories including brand new money laundering regulations etc. etc.

Much worse than any other umbrella companies I have worked for over the last 10 years or so.

Please be very vigilant!!

Regards,
    uk5am

The last thing I've come across wasn't Sunday Solutions...

...IGMC!!
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      The last thing I've come across wasn't Sunday Solutions...

...IGMC!!
      Dude... that is soooo cruuuude.

I thought it was "passing the buck" rather than - passing the "buck".

I take it from your post that you would rather they "passing the pound"?

And in your general direction?
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by uk5am View Post
        Hi there everyone,
        Please be aware that they hold back your taxes, earning interest for themselves even after you have completed your self-assessment and paid your dues to the tax man.
        So you've paid the taxman? Or they are suppose to pay on your behalf, and now you are accruing late fines and interest?

Comment

Having been in a similar situation a while back (with a different company), I found a call to the tax help-line sorted out the problem.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

There's probably 40 threads on this board regarding Sunday Solutions and dodgy practice, the general consensus was to avoid like the plague.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by uk5am View Post
              Hi there everyone,

Has any of you come across or worked for or via Sunday Solutions and dealt with their accountants called Bradbury & Co??

It is then very difficult to get an answer from them or to get YOUR money released back to you! They keep passing the "buck" and telling you all kinds of stories including brand new money laundering regulations etc. etc.

Much worse than any other umbrella companies I have worked for over the last 10 years or so.

Please be very vigilant!!

Regards,
              uk5am

If Sunday Solutions have paid you through PAYE then they will probably receive penalties if they do not make payment to HMR&C by the 19th of each month. This is money that will have been deducted for income tax and national insurance and it is not your money, it belongs to HMR&C. You should have been sent payslips which will show a record of the deductions that have been made and therefore Sunday Solutions will have the problem with HMR&C and not you if the payments haven't been made on your behalf.

If they have held back taxes in any other form they run the risk of being an MSC - if you were running a Ltd they would have no involvement in making payment to you or deducting anything for tax. Again, if they are making deductions for tax, why would you then be making additional payments via self-assessment? Could you explain a little more about the arrangement as this does not sound like a normal umbrella company.
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                If Sunday Solutions have paid you through PAYE then they will probably receive penalties if they do not make payment to HMR&C by the 19th of each month. This is money that will have been deducted for income tax and national insurance and it is not your money, it belongs to HMR&C. You should have been sent payslips which will show a record of the deductions that have been made and therefore Sunday Solutions will have the problem with HMR&C and not you if the payments haven't been made on your behalf.

If they have held back taxes in any other form they run the risk of being an MSC - if you were running a Ltd they would have no involvement in making payment to you or deducting anything for tax. Again, if they are making deductions for tax, why would you then be making additional payments via self-assessment? Could you explain a little more about the arrangement as this does not sound like a normal umbrella company.
                Sunday Solutions setup a ltd company by the name of Willow Meade Ltd. I was supposed to be a partner of that one. I filled up the partnership page in the self-assessment tax return. Bradbury and co (so called accountants) held back over £400 for me to pay as tax. I have completed the tax form and paid the tax as well directly. Now they are not giving me the money they held back for me to pay the tax. They are worse than HBOS and RBS together!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  There's probably 40 threads on this board regarding Sunday Solutions and dodgy practice, the general consensus was to avoid like the plague.
                  WHS.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I counted 12. But the outcome is the same : avoid like plague.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X