• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobstats february figures - does not look good out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobstats february figures - does not look good out there

Never have we dipped below the Christmas low for the previous year so quickly. Even in the dot-com but the job levels did not dip below the low-point of the Xmas before for the next twelve months. See the graph on the bottom of the home page:

Job Stats

That is for permanent staff though!

Contractor Rates are still showing the dip but not below the festive slump yet.

Really not looking good out there people, if you have a contract do what you can to keep it going, refuctoring is good and you know it.

If you haven't got a contract at the minute then I really do believe that a spell in permanent work or accepting lower rates could be sensible for the next 6-12 months while we see how this pans out.
    Last edited by jobstats.co.uk; 2 March 2009, 09:42. Reason: Double post

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      If not of interest then don't read, and especially don't bother commenting. I am sure the content is of interest to other readers. I have permission from Contractor UK to post here. They have been very interested in the figures during this slump. If you don't care what the market is doing around you then fair play, and I wish you good luck in securing your next contract.

Comment

I like the jobstats posts - better than cybertory posts any day.

refuctoring???

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
          refuctoring???
          Thanks for the support bobhope, only trying to show you all how the market is looking at present.

Try the link. Handy if you are a developer. I am sure project managers could introduce a level of refuctoring to their projects too.

Comment

I never worry -
            Why should I Care ?

Its all going to fade away ...

Comment

Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
              If not of interest then don't read, and especially don't bother commenting. I am sure the content is of interest to other readers. I have permission from Contractor UK to post here. They have been very interested in the figures during this slump. If you don't care what the market is doing around you then fair play, and I wish you good luck in securing your next contract.
              Unfortunately there isn't a handbag emoticon
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That's dire.

And I've just booked a ski holiday. Oh dear!
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Keep up the good work jobstats.

Comment

Actually things might not be as bad as they seem.

Jobserve has become more of a fishing ground than a job board, for the mainstream contracts at least. I think the agency model is changing, and for the most part the Hollywood principle is in play ("don't call us, we'll call you"). In other words the dip in JobStats points to less fishing, not less adverts.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X