• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Win2k sp4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win2k sp4

How can I download this & burn it onto a cd for a pc that isn't on the web (anymore)...?

Download it here and burn the .exe file to a cd, then just run it on the PC you need it on.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      How can I download this & burn it onto a cd for a pc that isn't on the web (anymore)...?
      Find a machine that is Internet connected and go to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260910

and download it.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Thank you muchly gentlebeings...

It's taken longer to copy the thing from the cache to the desktop than it took to download in the first place...

All 129Mb of it...
        You should have disable the Antivirus before you downloaded it. You know that AV companies and Microsoft don't really go together.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

The box still works after being updated... I'm impressed.
          Major miracle. I would now consider ditching the computer and getting one that supports a newer Operating System.

Comment

It's nearly brand new... only 10 years old with a 400MHz PII...

I have resusitated it for no readily apparent reason other than the challenge...

Oh.

And because it's a bit more up to date than the P90s with Win98 that are hanging about in the project room still.

The other thing is that I can faff about with it to my hearts' content since it doesn't matter if I screw it up...
            Here's a challenge. Try putting Mac OS X on it. Then screwing up will come a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
            X