• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spooks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooks

Nice to see the beeb gently sticking the shiv into the governement with a story based on the sexed up dossier debacle...

Great programme - has loads of digs at Bliar and co. First series was seriously anti-government and pretty voilent as well for the Beeb

Comment

what interested me about spooks was instead of glamorizing the role like in a James Bond film they make the life of a spook look as much a mess as working on a public sector IT project

rather them than me

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Yes.

Still haven't got over that woman having her hand fried...

And then she had her head fried.
        I know - shocking wasn't it! One of those vivid scenes that made you think what it would actually be like - Mrs Galt turned a very interesting shade of green! Really surprised they got away with that one.

Comment

and I'm sure the inside of Thames House is full of brushed steel, bulletproof glass and wall to wall AppleMacs...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

It is generally pretty good. But the episode a couple of weeks ago where they were chasing bombers was a liitle silly. They never seemed to carry a firearm even thougn they knew they would be faced with firearms. And as for a spook crawling around in secret with his phone switched to loud "bring bring" rather than vibrate - I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by datestamp
              It is generally pretty good. But the episode a couple of weeks ago where they were chasing bombers was a liitle silly. They never seemed to carry a firearm even thougn they knew they would be faced with firearms. And as for a spook crawling around in secret with his phone switched to loud "bring bring" rather than vibrate - I don't think so.
              For the vast majority of "spooks" I doubt if the job is anywere near as glamourous as the series portrays, and I've heard that these days apparently practically all the management of MI5 is female.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

practically all the management of MI5 is female
                And MI6

Fsck going to work when the moon is full.

Blame the trains

Blame the buses

Blame a chicken vindaloo.

Fsck going to work when the moon is full.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                X