• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Southern Softie Uni cheats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Softie Uni cheats

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7919830.stm

Not so smug now are you, you swotty bint?

Nice to see the good, honest Northerners prevail.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Shocking !

To think that 1 person ruined it for the rest of them !

But, rules are rules...
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

thats better...hang on.......no, there's more

made my day, this has. extraordinarily funny

"Keep them at 24,000"
      "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        Shocking !

To think that 1 person ruined it for the rest of them !

But, rules are rules...
        And where would we be without rules?

France!

Comment

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

In all honesty who cares?

I sat and thought about the concept of the program, the people involved, and so forth. It's aired as an elitist show where only the very most intelligent people can participate and answer the questions asked.

Think about it for a moment though, all they are doing is recalling exam type questions from memory on a subject they've decided to specialize in. It's only deemed elite because 99% of the population would find what they study 'boring' so therefore don't know the answers. I bet if you were to put these people in a computer science or IT based type quiz we would run circles round them. It's not intelligence which they are demonstrating, only memory ability and a touch of misfortune in the fact they probably spend 6 days a week in a library ignoring the outside world.

Not so clever after all are we??..
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Well, I am not too proud to think they are jolly clever, more so than me, and thus should be respected as such.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                Well, I am not too proud to think they are jolly clever, more so than me, and thus should be respected as such.
                Knowledgeable
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7919830.stm

Not so smug now are you, you swotty bint?

Nice to see the good, honest Northerners prevail.
                  They have hardly prevailed. If Gail had been the person disqualified it would have made a difference. But as it was not it did not matter. But rules are rules....

Comment

Some wag has suggested we should check the Oxford boat for a hidden outboard motor in the forthcoming boat race.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X