• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The court of public opinion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The court of public opinion

Is this where it was decided that we should invade Iraq?

There`s an easy way to test public opinion, it`s called a general election.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
      There`s an easy way to test public opinion, it`s called a general election.
      But we effectively only get 2 choices.

Comment

Public opinion only matters when it agrees with the Nu Labour point of view. If it does not then you have the line that it is not governments role to pander to public opinion. If everything was down to public opinion there would be no duty on booze, fags or petrol and hanging would be back. I'm not saying that this should happen but the govt wouldn't introduce it simply because the public wants it.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The court of public opinion says that Brown f***ed up the economy, Harman thinks she is Napoleon Bonaparte, and the labour party will leave office with the country in a right mess. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Is this where it was decided that we should invade Iraq?
            LOL...brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Public opinion only matters when it agrees with the Nu Labour point of view. If it does not then you have the line that it is not governments role to pander to public opinion. If everything was down to public opinion there would be no duty on booze, fags or petrol and hanging would be back. I'm not saying that this should happen but the govt wouldn't introduce it simply because the public wants it.

The only public opinion that Labour are interested in is that determined by the opinion polls in marginal seats.

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200903021611/

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  The only public opinion that Labour are interested in is that determined by the opinion polls in marginal seats.
                  Yes and I'm sure David will be putting in a lot more effort in is own Constituency than he will in the marginals !

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200903021611/

Bill McKay, professor of contractual physics at Reading University, said: "Let me try to explain this in layman's terms. Harriet Harman is an unbearably ghastly human being who will say and do anything to become leader of the Labour Party."
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X