• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jade Goody

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jade Goody

I was out with my mate on Sunday who's a palative life care nurse - this means that she's on a ward where people go to die basically - end of life care.

She said, to my utter shock, that she thought Jade Goody was faking her illness!

She said that people with her condition never look as good as she does - she said they are yellow, can't hardly walk, loads of physical traits which she doesn't have...and her and all her collegues didn't have a doubt in their minds that Jade wasn't ill (or at least, not ill with the type of cancer stated).

Is this a common belief amongst people?

I know I was a founding father in the "burn the McCans" campaign, and I rarely take things on face value....but even I wouldn't have stooped so low as to believe a cancer victim was faking it....but are we being deceived?
    Of course she isn't - the poor girl is seriously ill.
    71.70%
    I secretly think she is faking!
    18.87%
    Jade's pain relief lolly has been up AndyW's bum!
    9.43%
    The pope is a tard.

Who cares about the attention seeking bint. Can we not talk about people with talent like Gail Trimble? Why is it that this country celebrates non-entities?

No wonder this country is going down the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      I was out with my mate on Sunday who's a palative life care nurse - this means that she's on a ward where people go to die basically - end of life care.

She said, to my utter shock, that she thought Jade Goody was faking her illness!

She said that people with her condition never look as good as she does - she said they are yellow, can't hardly walk, loads of physical traits which she doesn't have...and her and all her collegues didn't have a doubt in their minds that Jade wasn't ill (or at least, not ill with the type of cancer stated).

Is this a common belief amongst people?

I know I was a founding father in the "burn the McCans" campaign, and I rarely take things on face value....but even I wouldn't have stooped so low as to believe a cancer victim was faking it....but are we being deceived?
      I have to admit, I've wondered it too. I have a friend who is undergoing treatment for breast cancer, now I know this is completly different to the type Jade has but after chemo etc she's lost every screed of hair she had, eyebrows, eyelashes... the whole lot. She's lost a lot of weight too, even though the chemo somehow has her bloated, you can see that she has lost a lot of weight.

I also can't help but think all this being conducted in the public eye is a little undignified. I appreciate that she is wanting to secure her childrens financial future but is it worth the price?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Bitchy corner.

Comment

would anyone want Max Clifford to be their last, best friend on this earth ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When I posted a few weeks back the same sentiments as SallyAnne I received heaps of abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              When I posted a few weeks back the same sentiments as SallyAnne I received heaps of abuse.
              That's because SA is a respected member of the community and you are, well, you.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                That's because SA is a respected member of the community and you are, well, you.

HTH
                a troll

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post

HTH
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

That is why nurses are not doctors.

Comment

Working...
                    X