• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who’s watching the Watchmen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who’s watching the Watchmen?

Really looking forward to this one, I’ve been reading the graphic novel but I’ve stopped at chapter 11 as I don’t want it to end.

Watchmen '
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Could be a good one to see in IMAX, but my local IMAX isn't showing it for some reason
    Last edited by voodooflux; 3 March 2009, 15:55.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Really looking forward to this one, I’ve been reading the graphic novel but I’ve stopped at chapter 11 as I don’t want it to end.

Watchmen '
      Looks good. (That site practically downloads the film automatically when you go there!)

I'm disappointed that the formerly forthcoming film of Arthur C Clarke's SF novel "Rendezvous with Rama" has been pulled, apparently in part because Morgan Freeman has a dodgy ticker but probably also money issues. I was really looking forward to that. (Can't provide a link, as the spectacular website dedicated to the film has also been closed.)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The trailer didn't impress me and it's had a few bad reviews. So yes I will go and will probably enjoy it, from not having high expectations to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Looks good. (That site practically downloads the film automatically when you go there!)

I'm disappointed that the formerly forthcoming film of Arthur C Clarke's SF novel "Rendezvous with Rama" has been pulled, apparently in part because Morgan Freeman has a dodgy ticker but probably also money issues. I was really looking forward to that. (Can't provide a link, as the spectacular website dedicated to the film has also been closed.)
          I heard about that one a long time ago maybe 15 years or more? How many 72 years are not going to have a slightly suspect ticker?? I like the idea, maybe someone will pick it up again one day?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm surprised Arthur C Clarke is commercial material again. Was the soundtrack to be by Gary Glitter?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
              The trailer didn't impress me and it's had a few bad reviews. So yes I will go and will probably enjoy it, from not having high expectations to start with.
              A lot of the public just won’t get it, a bit like hg2g which I quite liked.

You really had to be a fan to get the most out of that so I guess this will be similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I'm surprised Arthur C Clarke is commercial material again. Was the soundtrack to be by Gary Glitter?
                He'd have been thoroughly investigated prior to being offered his K.

I'm sure there's no truth in that ridiculous allegation, which could be levelled at anyone who moves to Goa or Ceylon or Thailand etc. If there were, I'm sure some local kids or ex-kids would have been bribed to tell. I mean most of them in Sri Lanka aren't exactly loaded, and he's no longer around to bribe cops to suppress people coming forward.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Watchmen '
                  SHould be good. 18 Cert means they should have stuck close to the original material. Sex, Violence, Substance Abuse and a very very dark storyline.

Looking forward to it.

Hmmm, we need a Watchmen Smiley.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Apparently they've not bothered to cloth Dr Manhattan, when he's 50ft tall you can imagine the size of his big blue dong.

Comment

Working...
                    X